Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malware Detected (by Chrome)

Options
  • 21-12-2009 4:30pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where the best place to post this was.

When browsing to a particular thread, Google Chrome is reporting malware detected.
    Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at www.boards.ie contains elements from the site error.000webhost.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware...

the details page is at http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://error.000webhost.com/&client=googlechrome&hl=en-US.

I've tried plenty of other threads and it only seems to be that particular thread causing the issue. Overriding the warning lets the page load fine (and I don't think I've been infected with anything). Thought I'd mention it anyway.

edit: from what I've read before google can be a bit over-vigilant and once any malicious code is ever detected within a domain it can be blacklisted for a long time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

I suspect that one of the posters in that thread had a link to the infected site in their sig. That's the usual reason for that to happen.

There's nothing obviously wrong with any of the sigs on that page, so perhaps whoever it was has since changed their sig.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yep, the warning seems to be gone now anyway.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement