Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Select Tournament

Options
  • 21-12-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hey lads. I was just thinking how it might be fun to have one just for laughs in XGC sometime soon on a saturday. Basically no seeds all names in a hat drawn against eachother and every match is random select at the start :) I think it'd be a laugh and make for some really good craic.

I wasn't thinking there'd be no prize pot but if people want one then maybe we could just all throw a fiver in to make it interesting but I think if people are coming down and everyone makes the effort it could end up being a laugh either way.

What do you lot think? It'd be a nice break from the serious! :)

Forgot to mention this is Street Fighter 4 I'm talking about

Fee: €5 (for machine rental)
    Start time: 14:00 (Be there for 13:30 for warmups etc)
    Place: XGC
    Xbox and PS3 players welcome

Double Elimination
    Character Random Selection
    Best 2 out of 3 games.
    Can Reselect Character (Randomly) after 1 Loss

Roster:

Ry
    Placebo
    Sisko
    Doom
    Retr0gamer
    Kiki
    Red350
    Chopper
    FoamyMushroom
    Creature
    Animax
    DarkTalent
    HMUYA
    Ramza
    Kirby
    Bush
    Dreddybajs
    Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Could be fun but I wouldn't make it a money tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think thats a very RANDOM idea.
    i have no other thoughts on this random idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yeh I think it's better not for dosh. I just figured if people were particularly interested in it being so then we could just make it a fiver or something small.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd have to be in this one for the craic. you just know some lucky git'd get their main 2 or 3 times (happened to me in Belfast!).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might be better to have no money involved, it being a laugh and all. Anyway I'd be up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

€2 + however much rental is.
    I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Should be good fun, I'm up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm up for this.

As long as I don't get Viper I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

For a laugh....Yea ill go :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah sounds like a laugh, I'm up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

for the next fun casual mess tourney we should have a proper DAN tourney :D

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    for the next fun casual mess tourney we should have a proper DAN tourney :D

That would be boring :) Maybe if it's like short single round matches. "King of the Dans"

I'm glad to see people up for this! I think it'll be gas waitin to see who you've to play with.

what do people think should it be best 2 out of 3 sets where loser of the first gets to change character if they want and so on for the second if it goes the other way or what?

Best two out of three, random select for both players for all matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 himwarrior

Hey we could even have a rose ball compition :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sounds like fun, i'm in. Maybe I might get to fight against sagat and see what you lads are all bitchin about!

Great, what I'll do is take names and write them all down so that I can have things somewhat organised before seeing what saturday will suit people. I'll add it to the first post.

Once there's a good few names there I'll start looking at a Saturday in the next few weeks. I'd like to on the 2nd maybe but I know people might have things they're doing so soon after New Years or whatever so maybe a week from that on the 9th perhaps?

To be honest, I'd say most people have **** all else to do on the second so if the XGC is open I'd be well up for a day of Street Fightering and maybe some nice cold brewskies afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'm up for this, date depending...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sounds like good fun. Knowing my luck I'll get Gen for every match.

I reckon the second should work. It'll be a good way to work off the last vestige of the new year hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ry wrote: »
    Once there's a good few names there I'll start looking at a Saturday in the next few weeks. I'd like to on the 2nd maybe but I know people might have things they're doing so soon after New Years or whatever so maybe a week from that on the 9th perhaps?

Just a reminder that the Inferno Ranking Battles is being discussed too and the 9th is certainly a front runner... ;)

Also, will you be wanting a news post regarding the event or keep it to the boards.ie group?

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Btw I'm just amazing with every character so :P

^ ^ (Obviously a joke ^^)

Yeah sounds fun count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Great idea guys.

Up for this on the 2nd. I probably wont be here after that.

How about 1 euro per person? Dirt cheap but you still get a payout if you win and makes it a little bit more exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ill come up for this. I usually hate random select but in a tournament it could be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sounds good, I'm up for anything really. Like mentioned before some lucky bastards will get their mains the odd time by pure fluke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Have a look at this. The guy random selects twice at a tournament and gets his main both times :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

bush wrote: »
    Ill come up for this. I usually hate random select but in a tournament it could be a laugh.
    Well thats our chance of winning out the window.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Well thats our chance of winning out the window.:(
    Now, now.
    It's not like bush is great with EVERY chara--
    wait...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Now, now.
    It's not like bush is great with EVERY chara--
    wait...

Remember that discussion with Aaron about practicing with every character?

Ok this is good. It's looking like the 2nd is when people seem to be cool with this being on.

Sabre I dunno about news posts or groups or what but I guess anything to help is good ;)

For now I'm gonna say the 2nd unless a large quantity have a problem with that date.

• Advertisement

So is anyone coming that I haven't added to the list if so please say so cuz at this stage I can't add names as it won't allow me edit the post so I'll have to ask doom to add them if he could.

Advertisement