Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Select Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll be along I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Nice one if a Mod could add Dreddy to the list that'd be great ta. It'll help me get the Brackets ready beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hey Ry. Will do up a newspost tomorrow and link it to here. Any final details to mention - i.e. is there a prize fund or is entry just to cover costs (any idea of this)? Both XBox and PS3 players welcome? Tournament format? etc :D

It is the 2nd right? Any time decided?

That's all my questions...........for now ;D

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ry wrote: »
    Nice one if a Mod could add Dreddy to the list that'd be great ta. It'll help me get the Brackets ready beforehand.

Dude pm me if you want my attention. I don't read every single post. :)

done anywhos!

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Hey Ry. Will do up a newspost tomorrow and link it to here. Any final details to mention - i.e. is there a prize fund or is entry just to cover costs (any idea of this)? Both XBox and PS3 players welcome? Tournament format? etc :D

It is the 2nd right? Any time decided?

That's all my questions...........for now ;D

Seems no one wants a prize fund so that's a no so 5 quid for machine rental is all people need. Both formats welcome it's rare there's a problem there and I'd say be there for 1:30 for last minute signups and warmups and all that ****e cuz people are always late.

I'm starting it at 2 sharp with or without anyone who hasn't turned up. People who aren't there at 2 forfeit their match and whoever they're paired with get a by. I'm only being strict on this because it's a nuisance to everyone having to wait because you wanted more time in the sack, more food in your gob or whatever so 1:30 is when people are to turn up.

Thanks Sabre for your news thing. I still haven't a clue what you're on about but I'm sure it's a good thing :D

Sorry for the assuming Doom I will PM you from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

sabre posts updates on esports.ie and probably is more aware of the average irish street fighter competition than we are :pac:

I really hope Ry gets there late :pac:

Just so you all know, I'm doing a kiki on whoever gets Guile...

Just so you all know, I'm doing a kiki on whoever gets Guile...
    What's that?

"Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, FLASH KICK NOW! Ok, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom....."

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    What's that?

"Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, FLASH KICK NOW! Ok, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom....."

No, because I can do that... I'll be all "you should have done three ducking weak jabs linked into a crouching medium punch cancelled into a sonic boom there follow by back and fierce punch. What are you doing?"

Jim wrote: »
    I really hope Ry gets there late :pac:

If I do I'll disqualify myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No, because I can do that... I'll be all "you should have done three ducking weak jabs linked into a crouching medium punch cancelled into a sonic boom there follow by back and fierce punch. What are you doing?"
    ... What if I pull that off? :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ... What if I pull that off? :pac:

If you pull that off in a tournament figt I'll buy you pints for the night.

We're doing pints after this right? Fighting games beers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sorry for confusing you Ry (and skipping over half of your first post when I wrote the reply asking loads of questions :o:D). This is what I meant anyways.

And dreddy, you're too kind ;)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ry wrote: »
    I'm starting it at 2 sharp with or without anyone who hasn't turned up

Sounds good. My bus usually arrives in Dublin at about 1:30 or around that, and the XGC is literally only a hundred yards away. Looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Ramza wrote: »
    Sounds good. My bus usually arrives in Dublin at about 1:30 or around that, and the XGC is literally only a hundred yards away. Looking forward to this
    I may be getting this bus as well. I'll almost certainly be getting the same bus back as you once again as my aunt and uncle are over from canada so I'll be in Mullingar to see them.

Kick ass dude, wanna meet up like last time?

Text me anyway

Oh btw that 10 euro offer is over now right? What a kick in the balls

Text me anyway

Is that the "€10 to trash Farz in 3S" offer?
    I'm pretty sure it's still going :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Text me anyway

Sure thing man, I'll text you when I know for sure.

@kiki He's referring to bus prices and yeh it's over AFAIK unfortunatly...

• Advertisement

We've 18 heads down for this so far so I think that'll make for good "Random Bashings". I know I keep asking but just incase is anyone not on that list that is coming?

dude with the best intentions in the world, you're never going to get the exact same amount as says they're coming. I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

@DarkTalant : Aww that sucks

But on a side note, anyone wanna play some 3s on Saturday? If there's time maybe. But haven't played the game in an age, wouldn't mind playing a few games on saturday if anyone is interested (never played offline in that game so yeah)

dude with the best intentions in the world, you're never going to get the exact same amount as says they're coming. I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

Yeh I know I'm just saying it incase someone goes "Ohh yeh sorry I'm not down on the list" or whatever. Not that bothered really :)

@DarkTalant : Aww that sucks

But on a side note, anyone wanna play some 3s on Saturday? If there's time maybe. But haven't played the game in an age, wouldn't mind playing a few games on saturday if anyone is interested (never played offline in that game so yeah)

I need someone to teach me this parry stuff so I can put the fear of god into Farz, actually.

Anyone got a laptop they're willing to bring in? My trusty Saturn-pad Yang wants to play...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Won't be there as my inconsiderate cousin has decided she won't change the date her wedding so as I can go to this, the gee bag.

Good luck lads, have fun.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Anyone got a laptop they're willing to bring in? My trusty Saturn-pad Yang wants to play...

Yeah I was going to suggest the xbox version but it sucks really bad. No one wants to play a ****ty version of 3s. I have the Japanese PS2 version but obviously that's ruled/written out

Would rly need a laptop for the arcade version tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

SOMEONE BRING A LAPTOP

time to teach doom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've got the arcade version on my laptop and will probably be down for the next ranbat, so I can do that :)

Advertisement