Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to do a evening Fás course, but...

Options
  • 21-12-2009 4:58pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭

I'm interested in doing this course on Programmable Logic Controllers but I have a few issues with the educational requirements..

I talked to both the college doing the programme in Cabra and my local Fás office, but neither we're able to help me too much. I'm a 1st year Computer Science student, a course which has many parallels with the above Fás course(and is an area I want to go into myself, eventually), but on the site it says that a Electrical/Mechanical craft certificate is required. I tried to pry a bit and see if I had any hope but the woman on the phone told me my best bet would be to try organise a meeting with the course demonstrator as she wasn't sure of the syllabus herself.

I'm probably rambling a bit now, so I'll simply ask, does anyone know if a course like this grants any sort of leeway in terms of educational requirements.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement