If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Led 8000 + AV Receiver + 5.1 Quote

Options
  • 21-12-2009 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Finally decided to purchase TV after going over and back from LCD to Plasma for about 2 years, looking for a quote on the Samsung LED 8000 ?

Also want to add a sound system as I will have SKY HD with the solution and the techie experts at work are saying to get an AV Receiver and speaker set from KEF.

Happy to travel up this week from Limerick to see this magical shop that so many on the forums talk about or also happy to wait until the sales if prices are going to move allot ;)

Blame KAO123 for this annoying question

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

maurtomcat wrote: »

Finally decided to purchase TV after going over and back from LCD to Plasma for about 2 years, looking for a quote on the Samsung LED 8000 ?

Also want to add a sound system as I will have SKY HD with the solution and the techie experts at work are saying to get an AV Receiver and speaker set from KEF.

Happy to travel up this week from Limerick to see this magical shop that so many on the forums talk about or also happy to wait until the sales if prices are going to move allot ;)

Blame KAO123 for this annoying question

Thanks for the post - but you may be disappointed if you travel from Limerick to see our shop! It's just a tiny shop completely packed with AV & Hifi kit - not very stylish! It's so small that at this stage we cannot get about a third of our range on display :(.

Anyway the 42 8000 Sammy is currently £1349.95 and you can claim back £200 from Sammy (this is a limited offer) so the net price is £1149.95 / €1299.99 - I know you expect me to say this but you should have a look at the Philips 42PFL9664 which is just amazing ( What Hi-FI TV of the year this year) and is not much more expensive than the 8000 series at £1499.95 / €1619.99 (and it includes a 5 year warranty) or else if your heart is set on LED the
    spanking new 40PFL8664 is excellent but about as scarce as hens teeth (& includes a 4 year warranty..) - we only have a handful available over the next month at £1229.95.

On the audio front - any idea of a budget? and if you can would prefer a satellite & Subwoofer pack or if you can take full size speakers - if you give me an indication we will give you a couple of tempting options for Kao to cast his eye over!!

Thanks again for the post and if you revert we will get back to you asap,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 maurtomcat

Hi John,

Cheers for the quick reply, you must have friends in Harvey Normans . I went into Limerick yesterday after you told me about the Philips and good old Harvey had all 3 TV systems connected to the one source and I agree with you the 9664 is very nice - great picture.

Now that I know I am going for the 9664 - when will you have it in stock, can I collect from Dublin ? does it come with a stand ?

On the sound system the TV is more than I was going for and blows that budget away, sounds system was looking for about 600 bucks - not a runner I guess and will wait until later in the year.

Last important thing, I see you have some New Year Sales on Boxing day ? Will 9664 be on sale ?

Hi John,

Cheers for the quick reply, you must have friends in Harvey Normans . I went into Limerick yesterday after you told me about the Philips and good old Harvey had all 3 TV systems connected to the one source and I agree with you the 9664 is very nice - great picture.

Now that I know I am going for the 9664 - when will you have it in stock, can I collect from Dublin ? does it come with a stand ?

On the sound system the TV is more than I was going for and blows that budget away, sounds system was looking for about 600 bucks - not a runner I guess and will wait until later in the year.

Last important thing, I see you have some New Year Sales on Boxing day ? Will 9664 be on sale ?

Maur,

thanks again for the post,

I told you the 9664 was exceptional! (I (rarely) lie!...;))

There is nothing exceptional happening the 9664 in the sale as they are really scarce at the moment but as a Boardie the Philisp Shop offers you a 10% discount in The Philips Shop so it will come to €1619.99 including your discount - and you also get the 5 year warranty.

We have them in stock ready to go in The Philips Shop & Belfast and as ever in the unlikely event that you do see it cheaper ANYWHERE! we will happily match or beat any cheaper price.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers John,

If I am mad enough to travel up to Dublin office tomorrow will you have the box ? and a stand included for 1600 :)

Will not look at TV price again for 5 years then as they always goes down fast :(

Do you have any 26inch for kitchen for 200 ?

Cheers

Cheers John,

If I am mad enough to travel up to Dublin office tomorrow will you have the box ? and a stand included for 1600 :)

Will not look at TV price again for 5 years then as they always goes down fast :(

Do you have any 26inch for kitchen for 200 ?

Cheers

Maur,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the late reply!

I cannot do the 42PFL9664 with a stand at €1600 - the best price I can do is €1749.99 including the Icon Aero Modus 42/50 which normally retails at €219.95 in The Philips Shop.

We have both of these available in The Philips Shop and we are open until 3 - where abouts are you based - can you make it in time or could we get a Santa last minute emergency Boardie VIP delivery out to you?

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Cheers for the Santa dash offer but just got the mail and now in the pub :), I will try and make you off on the 27th. Is it Belfast only on that day ? How are 9664 stocks now ?

Cheers and have a good Christmas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.