Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Networks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hrududu wrote: »
    I've given up ringing them. I'm just carrying around 2 phones, which is a pain in the hole but what can you do?
    +1. My old O2 handset is still receiving calls and texts, while the new Vodafone set can make calls and texts. As Mr Kipling would say; exceedingly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭julyjane

I have my 2 phones (old 3 and new vodafone) and neither have been working since last Wednesday (23rd) I'm sick of ringing vodafone at this stage, I just sent them a snotty email for all the good it will do :mad:

Is it possible to say to vodafone now, look just forget about it I'll go to meteor/O2 instead? Or now that my number is technically a vodafone number now will it be just as hard to port back out? I'll gladly send them back the phone although I've dumped the packaging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Nothing anyone can do now until it's sorted. Once your port onto or off vodafone has started it can't be stopped and no point porting back off vodafone cause the port off won't complete as the port in hasn't been completed. Brother in law waiting days now to port completely to 3 from Vodafone. Called Vodafone today again and they said they had no definate date as to when it will be resolved and their are many people in the same boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The problem is still ongoing, Vodafone have still not given a time or date of when it should be resolved. The problem is not fixed, it's not a case of them working through the backlog that's causing the delay.

• Advertisement

I'm not 100% on this but from what I can see it only happend to anyone who tried to move before christmas day..

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

I have experienced the same problem, got 4 phones none have ported over, not happy at all. Have called them several times and all they can say is they don't know how long it will take. All mine were supposed to port over on December 22 and December 23, one was a Christmas present for my daughter and it is a week on and still no joy.

Over all it is very poor service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubjoe

If this is the case that porting problem only affects ports since xmas day. Then we could port to O2 as a prepay, once thats done, can port back to vodafone.

I asked vodafone last week could I go over to O2 instead, and they told me I could as while 3 have realeased my no, vodafone don't have the number in their controll as the porting hasn't happened.

btw I'm signing up for simply 100 with vodafone, no new phone, just sim card.

I was out this afternoon and left the "new" Vodafone at home as incoming calls were still coming to my old O2 handset. Came home and saw a miissed call on the vodafone set (from their main switchboard, which was closed by the time I got home). I'll ring them tomorrow and see what the lie of the land is. I also decided to try ringing my mobile from the landline after I saw that, but the call STILL went to my old mobile! How did they manage to ring my new phone earlier? Still carrying around two handsets.

• Advertisement

I phoned on Monday evening the 28th and spoke to a nice guy with a Cork accent. He told me that the problem was totally fixed, that the porting system was back up and running and that they were working through the backlog, which I was satisfied with as it was just a matter of waiting my turn. He said if it wasn't ported by 6.30pm Tuesday evening to call and ask to speak to one of the porting team. When it still wasn't done by then I duly called and spoke to someone else who said there would be no point speaking to the porting team as they wouldn't be able to tell me when :mad: I also emailed and was told more or less the same thing.
    Now it's 9.15pm Wednesday evening and still not working.

TBH I'm just sick of it now, even if they ported it tomorrow all this BS and being given the runaround I just don't want to be on their network anymore.

I got a call from Vodafone this morning. The guy was apologetic (what's new?), and he basically said what's already been said on here a number of times about the porting system having crashed. He said there were something like 3,500 numbers still to be fully ported and that, HOPEFULLY, in the next couple of days I should have my full service. If not certainly by early next week (!). Like a previous poster said, I'm getting mightily p****d off with the whole thing, and would be sorely tempted to ring them and tell them to forget about the whole thing, then go and get a new Vodafone sim from them, only for the hassle letting a bunch of people know my new number. Very disenchanted by the whole thing to be honest. They were quick enough to take my money when I bought the new phone; pity they aren't as quick to provide the service I paid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 jacket222002

I have no coverage from Vodafone for over a week. At this stage i would not believe anything they told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I would imagine it's on Vodafones side as they are the one having the problems with porting at the moment

What happens when your call the number, are you getting through to vodafone or 3 voicemail?
    What are 3 saying? Is the port in progress, stuck or rejected? Your moving from vodafone to 3?

I called my mobile from my house number to see if it was still going to voicemail and all I got was a tone that you get when someone doesn't have voicemail set up :mad: Not even a "the vodafone customer you are calling is not reachable"

I wonder if I contacted 3 would they take me back :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Around 8pm Dec 31st my son's phone finally ported from Meteor to Vodafone. It was supposed to happen Dec 25, ordered on Dec 15. €5 credit balance currently, can't seem to register it to get full credit, but at least it's making and receiving calls and sending and receiving texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Vodafone: Kelly

Hi all,

We are experiencing some delays in porting for a small number of customers and I have just posed an update here

Send me a PM if you want me to look into your number

• Advertisement

20 minutes? I'm into my 12th day of no, not Christmas, waiting to be fully switched over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I finally got fully ported yesterday morning. It took 9 days I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Vodafone: Kelly

Sorry to hear that Captain Morgan and will pass on your feedback to our retail management team. I am looking into your port now and will send you a PM when I have a response.

A big thank you to Kelly. I pm'ed her yesterday evening re. my porting problem. She got back to me this morning to say that she was looking into my number and that she would get back to me. Anyway, about 45 minutes or so ago, I received a pm off her to say that the port was complete. I tried ringing my mobile from the landline, and sure enough the call came through to the Vf handset. Cheers Kelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Yes, fair play to Kelly, she sorted an issue out I had as well, thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shaz2010

I ported over to 02 on the 22nd of December from Vodafone. I can only receive calls from people on the 02 network. Have been ringing for a few days and no one will help me. Was told on thursday that it was because my account was in arrears which was completely untrue as my final direct debit is due today. i paid it off immediately with laser and then rang back to tell vodafone this, thinking that while odd i would do anything to get phone up and running. I was told then that i did not have to do this. Does anyone in the company have a clue what is going on or are people who chose to leave vodafone being left until last to get sorted out while they deal with their new customers. :confused:

• Advertisement

Advertisement