Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95/N95 8GB/N82 firmware v35 out now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭opus

long_b wrote: »
    Available now via Nokia Software Updater apparently.

www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/10889_Nokia_Update_N95_and_N95_8GB_f.php

No sign of a change log as yet.

Thanks for the heads up, I've got to pull the battery to get my N82 to work any time I turn it off so nothing to lose by trying this I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Very interested in the change log on this one :) I'm on 30.0.018 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Somebody suggested it could be a preparatory release for Ovi Store 2.0

I reckon it'll just uninstall N Gage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

My meteor N95 8GB has been stuck on version 20 since i got it earlier this year, I asked them if they were going to clear later versions for install and they said they were "still testing" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

I wish i never lost my n95-1, would never have expected a software update after the last.

I dont miss the battery on it though, had to charge it everyday,
    and the power meter would only go down when it was empty.

On a really old phone atm, and only need to charge once a week! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Any signs of a changelog yet? I'm on v31 on my N95, I've just got the main camera fixed and I don't want this one to botch it again!

No changelog yet.

The update wasn't available for my N82 there last night.

It's just bugfixes by all accounts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

my software updater isnt picking it up for some reason

I just updated it there, apparently it was to fix just various bugs (inc. the wi-fi one) and better RAM management, overall the phone is running much smoother so I'm happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

My Nokia Software Updater doesn't seem to be working - just forces me to close it when I search for the new software. Does anyone have any idea is there another way for me to update the software?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭opus

besty wrote: »
    My Nokia Software Updater doesn't seem to be working - just forces me to close it when I search for the new software. Does anyone have any idea is there another way for me to update the software?

I used the Ovi Suite as the the NSU said it didn't support Windows 7. To be honest haven't noticed any difference since the upgrade, thankfully it preserved all my settings.

Spoke too soon, the accelerometer is gone again is in turn my camera aswell. Looks like I'll be paying the phone repair dude a visit again tomorrow. Crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Anybody know where the change-logs for Nokia Firmware updates are to be found?

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

my software updater isnt picking it up for some reason
    besty wrote: »

When the v30 update came out, the NSU would not find the update for me either,
    as i had an o2 branded n95-1.

The only way to do it was to debrand the phone to some Generic European region, using a freeware app i cant remember the name of.

I wonder is this the problem preventing ye 2 from finding the update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My N95-1 also says I have the latest version and won't go to V35. It's a sim-free model too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,446 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

can I just say this firmware ****ed up my phone and now I have to send it off for repair

bloody pissed off

Headshot wrote: »
    can I just say this firmware ****ed up my phone and now I have to send it off for repair

bloody pissed off

What happened to it exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,446 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

donmeister wrote: »
    What happened to it exactly?

video camera is ****ed

while filming the picture stops and goes continuously and it takes for ever to save the video

Still not showing up for me under Ovi or Pc Suite.

Not too pushed given the above :(

video camera is ****ed

while filming the picture stops and goes continuously and it takes for ever to save the video

Yeah it fucked up my camera aswell, but I think it was the flex cable behind the actual which was damaged in the first place, upgrading the firmware from v31>v35 threw it over the edge, in repair now also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

video camera is ****ed

The N95 had the same problem with earlier software

Advertisement