Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullow to Killerig road

Options
  • 21-12-2009 6:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What the heck goes on here?The road was like glass this morning, took me 25 mins to go from Tullow to Killerig, then from Friarstown on,. the road was treated and perfect. Anyone hazard a guess as to why the road would not be fully treated??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

They treated it last Thursday night and didn't treat it Friday night, not sure who chooses the routes but only way to find out is call the Council

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

They didn't treat it Saturday night either. It was lethal Sunday as the sun wasn't hitting the left hand side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Tullow to the Fighting Cox was a disaster the day before yesterday. Never saw so much black ice on a raod in my life. First time I ever lost control of a car

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

someone must have read this last night, all treated and grand. Have to be on the road to Kerry early tomorrow, hope the Cocks to Leighlin will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

someone must have read this last night, all treated and grand. Have to be on the road to Kerry early tomorrow, hope the Cocks to Leighlin will be ok.

Which way were you thinking of going?

• Advertisement

super-rush wrote: »
    For their sake I hope it wasn't through Nurney. I have avoided that road in the last week as I would guess it is like an ice rink. Its dangerous enough in ordinary conditions

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

super-rush wrote: »
    We usually go from Tullow to the Cocks, on to Nurney and then Leighin,we were told Weds it was lethal so went the Killerig road to Carlow (as bad as ever) and on to Kilkenny etc. Just came back via Nurney and some rough patches yet, must have been cat Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

On Xmas eve I went from Tullow to Carlow via Ballon cause both roads (Tullow-Carlow Road & Castledermot Rd) were lethal. They had gritted the Bunclody Rd so that was perfect.

Tullow to Carlow via Killerig untreated today and it has snowed here in Tullow, so be careful ,people.

Yea just travelled the road pretty icy in places

• Advertisement

Dreadful again today, even the mian street in Tullow doesn't seem to have been treated.Number of trucks got stuck on Killerig hill this morning

Wait till the freeze later!!

Tonight could really be the worst night for driving in this big freeze.

Advertisement