Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGB Forum Meetup - Dakota, 6th March @ 17:00

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Spark Boy

Great, date, venue and time, hope everyone that can shows. see ye there guys!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Spark Boy wrote: »
    Great, date, venue and time, hope everyone that can shows. see ye there guys!!;)
    Do we need something to identify the group?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

A green carnation? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

When you walk through the door and see every male head at a table instantly turn and stare at you, you'll know you've went to the right place! :D

March 6th? Pah, my mum and sisters birthday... I can't go now.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭Daith

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Do we need something to identify the group?

Tis easy, it'll be a bunch of lads all drinking cocktails with umbrellas in them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Someone should print out a sign with "Boards" on it or summit.
    It can be quite daunting for a person to walk up to a group otherwise.
    I have found, that if you don't do something like the above, people will walk in, look around, bottle it and leave again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hopefully it won't all be lads and some of the ladies will come along as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 silurian1980

Sounds good, I'll be coming along too.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Anyone wanna kickstart the meet-up in Cork idea?? Im 19 and not into the "scene" at all. Was up in Dublin a few weeks ago and went to the george and felt like I had nothing at all in common with anyone there. Had to deal with a few guys unrelentlessly hounding me for the night despite my obvious lack of interest, with my poor straight friends having to act as a barrier to the eager few that refused to get the hint and leave me alone. Needless to say I wont be repeating that experience in a hurry:( so yeah a meet up with some likeminded people in Cork would be cool.

Anyone wanna kickstart the meet-up in Cork idea?? Im 19 and not into the "scene" at all. Was up in Dublin a few weeks ago and went to the george and felt like I had nothing at all in common with anyone there. Had to deal with a few guys unrelentlessly hounding me for the night despite my obvious lack of interest, with my poor straight friends having to act as a barrier to the eager few that refused to get the hint and leave me alone. Needless to say I wont be repeating that experience in a hurry:( so yeah a meet up with some likeminded people in Cork would be cool.
    Have you considered joining the gay youth club in cork? Also the George is a complete ****hole but it's not "the scene" in it's entirety, maybe you should start a new thread about a meet up in Cork?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Have you considered joining the gay youth club in cork? Also the George is a complete ****hole but it's not "the scene" in it's entirety, maybe you should start a new thread about a meet up in Cork?

hmm i've never really given a youth group any consideration. I dont really have anything in common with any gay guys that i know so I am assuming that any LGBT society would be the same kinda people!!

that said, i'll give it a think because Im getting bit desperate to find someone smiliar to me to talk to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you're looking for somebody "similar" to talk to, I'm guessing you mean somebody who's gay, not somebody who happens to share a common interest in, say, sports or music. If that is indeed what you're looking for, then I'd say you do have something in common with the gay guys you know. Even though they may be camp, it doesn't mean they don't have similar problems as yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mon_guy

hi seen this thread taugh i'd add my bit!! I'm 29 kinda in same boat have few gay friends up north but spend time in dublin haven't many. My friends up north started up a group which meets once a month for dinner, sometime's get mayb five or six somethin could b twelve, real nice way to meet and chat and get to meet people in a normal fashion. Always opened to settin somethin similar up in dublin area. Anyone interested give a shout.

mon_guy wrote: »
    Always opened to settin somethin similar up in dublin area. Anyone interested give a shout.
    It already exists in Dublin

www.diningoutireland.org

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So just out of curiosity - how many people are expecting to turn up to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭fjireland

hey there,

I was thinking of pulling my finger out for once and actually getting out there and trying to meet some other gay guys by going to this meet up too, i'm planning on heading up to dublin at the mo to join in, would like to know if a decent turn out is likely ???

I should be there, anyone else?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭Daith

Should be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Can't make it :( hope it goes well and myabe seen another one again soon
    Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Spark Boy

Curiosity killed the cat ixoy!!! as said def heading up and know one or two others going as well. There'll def be a nice crowd. look everyone whos ever complained that they just dont meet sound lads can NEVER complain again if they dont attend. And for those who are'nt fully out you should def come to hopefully make a few mates and see that its just a group a "normal" lads meeting up. One other thing if people could try and make it for round 5 would be great.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Any eh... Women going?

>.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Looks like I can make this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CSaber

Sadly I can't go to this one as I'm working this weekend. If there is ever a mid-week one of these I would love to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,704 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not gonna be able to make it even for a quick one, working in the morning and football in the evening,

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

I would check out meetup.com. You can set up a group page and see who joins, eventually scheduling meet ups. You can make it private and restrict it to men 18 and over, or whatever.

I know there is one there for women on there. I just discovered it and hope to attend that one. I've been living in Dublin for 2 years now and pretty much all my friends are straight, a few bi. It's been even harder as I've been in a relationship for those 2 years and the lets face it, the LGBT scene is very much a singles scene in Dublin.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yep I also hope to make it. As Spark Boy says, if I don't go I really have zero excuses anymore lol. Looking forward to it, which makes a pleasant change :o

anyone else?

I might not be there at 5pm sharp but will try

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Can't make it unfortunately as I'm out of town, would really like to go. The last one I went to was a very enjoyable night.

Advertisement