Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGB Forum Meetup - Dakota, 6th March @ 17:00

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Hope it goes well, but I'm away for the weekend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Bah, ye should all have cancelled everything :)

I intend to be there from around 5. Might put a printout of boards.ie on the table as a form of identification if people think that's a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭fjireland

i can't make it now, really pissed off, was really looking forward to meeting up with some other gay guys at last ... looks like i'll have to stay stuck in my rut for a little longer! defo next time...

i know i deserve to be stuck down by a lightening bolt or something for giving out about this... but can't make it cause a really distant relative has died and is to be buried and i can sense i won't be flavour of the month if i try to excuse myself for "having plans"... as far as anyone knows, just another ordinary weekend was all that was planned but this was gonna be a huge step for me, one that i really wanted to take, to finally move towards accepting who i really am...

aw well, hope it goes well tomoro and if another one can be sorted for the future, id love to join in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm, I dropped by at seven and no sign of anyone? What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭fjireland

hey there,

was the meet up this eve friday?

i thought it was saturday the 6th??

don't tell me i could have made after all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ah, I see. I got the wrong day completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Won't be able to make it, I'm afraid. Sorry guys. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

fjireland wrote: »
    aw well, hope it goes well tomoro and if another one can be sorted for the future, id love to join in
    I'm sure there'll be many more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'll be there for 5 (Irish Rail permitting). I've a few printouts of the boards.ie hompeage that I'll put on the table to mark us out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'll be there at 5 sharp as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've come to this thread really, really, REALLY late.

Were there any women included in this meet?

How did everyone get on? What did I miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Good to see such a turn out today. I hope some of the non-scene 26 yos showed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There was 15 there, a few non boards people as sparkboy invited some friends

It was a good night

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

It was a good night, nice talking to everyone. What time did it finish up at in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭Daith

Hey had a great time. Nice meeting everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Spark Boy

Likewise, nice to put some faces to all our obscure names. had a really good time, hope everyone enjoyed it!!

This could easily be a monthly thing. I'm sure there are lots more people willing to turn up given the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This could easily be a monthly thing. I'm sure there are lots more people willing to turn up given the opportunity.

I don't necessarily think Monthly would work - Might be a bit too often - Maybe every 3 or 4 months

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Certainly often anyway. Now that my username is working again, thanks to everyone for a great night. Really enjoyed it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Now that I've gotten off my lazy arse and got my account details reset I can post again and echo the general sentiment. Nice to meet you all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I wish I'd gone now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I wish you went too. Just for the look of fear on the newbies' faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnBealBocht

Spark Boy wrote: »
    Likewise, nice to put some faces to all our obscure names. had a really good time, hope everyone enjoyed it!!

I read through the thread & had fears that it might not come to pass, but you took the bull by the horns, so-to-speak, & struck out.

An observation: Do you realise that this thread had 13,599 views ( more than any other on the Gay part of Boards.ie---other than ' Resources ') which suggests to me that 13,599 might have turned up at the Dakota instead of the 15 or so brave souls who did. Obviously a crying need & interest in this activity. Hint!.
    Strike while the iron is hot----& good luck, brothers ( & sisters.)

suggests to me that 13,599 might have turned up at the Dakota instead of the 15 or so brave souls who did.

That's number of views, not unique users. The thread is three months old, people look everytime there's a new post. The repeat viewings are what add up. It still indicates a lot of interest of course, just not quite that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Anyone wanna kickstart the meet-up in Cork idea?? Im 19 and not into the "scene" at all. Was up in Dublin a few weeks ago and went to the george and felt like I had nothing at all in common with anyone there. Had to deal with a few guys unrelentlessly hounding me for the night despite my obvious lack of interest, with my poor straight friends having to act as a barrier to the eager few that refused to get the hint and leave me alone. Needless to say I wont be repeating that experience in a hurry:( so yeah a meet up with some likeminded people in Cork would be cool.

I only saw this post now, and just wanna say a meetup in Cork would be brilliant if it actually got organised. I lurk here a lot but only rarely post, so I probably wouldn't travel up to Dublin for a meetup but if anything ever happens in Cork I'd definitely go!

Advertisement