If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Surround System

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking for something similar to today's iBood (http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/15147/Onkyo_T-SR577_71_Home_Theatre_Receiver_with_Jamo_A402_HCS5_Design_Speakerset/)for around the same price (500 - 600 Euro)

What would you recommend / What can you do for me ?

Thanks !

Deadlock,

Thanks for the post..nice deal!

We don't stock the Jamo featured - however I can do you a stonking deal on the Onkyo TXSR577 and the Stunning new Boston Acoustic XSB 5.1 system - we have just tried this new system with the Onkyo TXSR577 & 607 today and it sounds nothing short of amazing!!!! :eek: the 5.1 system comes in black or white, includes brackets and the build quality is superb (really heavy and stylish little satellites).

The normal retail on the system should be £699.95 - I can do the 2 at just £519.95 / €579.99 delivered...

That is a stonking price for a quality system!

Keep me posted and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi John (& Crew),

Thanks for the quick reply.

One other thing I'd need to check with you also is the size of the room - this system is going to go in a sitting room that approx. 17 X 22 feet.
    I don't need to be able to blow my head off, but as long as they are adequate (I'm sure they would be - but I'm just double checking....)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dwolf20

Deadlock,

Thanks for the post..nice deal!

We don't stock the Jamo featured - however I can do you a stonking deal on the Onkyo TXSR577 and the Stunning new Boston Acoustic XSB 5.1 system - we have just tried this new system with the Onkyo TXSR577 & 607 today and it sounds nothing short of amazing!!!! :eek: the 5.1 system comes in black or white, includes brackets and the build quality is superb (really heavy and stylish little satellites).

The normal retail on the system should be £699.95 - I can do the 2 at just £519.95 / €579.99 delivered...

That is a stonking price for a quality system!

Keep me posted and thanks again for the post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I am looking for something similar - can this price be reduced at all if the items are picked up in Dublin rather than delivered?

dwolf20 wrote: »
    I am looking for something similar - can this price be reduced at all if the items are picked up in Dublin rather than delivered?

Dwolf,

that price is pretty much on the bone - but if you can find a cheaper price anywhere in Ireland or the UK I'm happy to pricebeat!

I see most places in Dublin are doing the TXSR507 at €329 which is about the same price as we are selling the TXSR577!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jalalabad

Hey John
    How much for the Boston speaker set on its own? Still looking for a speaker set to match the 507 ye sold me.
    Also looked at the sale booklet and the wharfedale 9.0 are there for £39.99 a pair, will you be doing this price too and if so will you deliver?
    JAL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi John,
    I'm very interested if you could answer my query about room size....
    Otherwise a similar price, but a larger/more powerful speaker set ? They don't have to be satellites....

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hi John (& Crew),

Thanks for the quick reply.

One other thing I'd need to check with you also is the size of the room - this system is going to go in a sitting room that approx. 17 X 22 feet.
    I don't need to be able to blow my head off, but as long as they are adequate (I'm sure they would be - but I'm just double checking....)

Apologies for the delay getting back to you..

Boston XSb 5.1 system in a room that size with an Onkyo TXSR577 - Get the ear muffs out! - no problem filling a room that large - anyway as you probably already know we do everythinhg on a 14 day exchange so if you are not completely happy there is no problem - you can swap it over and try something else (but the 577/Boston combo is excellent!)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.