Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wine Bar - Recommended

Options
  • 21-12-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Just to preempt the usual accusations, I don't work for nor know anyone that works for this establishment, but:

Myself and some friends were going to Tea Garden last night (There's other threads here about it so I won't go into detail there) but we arrived just as they were closing and had to go elsewhere.

We stumbled upon a new wine bar just a little bit west of Capel St on Ormonde Quay, they don't seem to have a website, but it was called the Ormonde Wine Bar, and was very nice.

Cheapest bottle of wine was 9.50 and we had a delicious champagne for 40. The place is converted from what used to be an art gallery I think; there's lots of interesting pictures on the wall some of which had price tags, and one half of the inside is a big exposed brick wall (something like market bar maybe?)

They do food, but I didn't get a look at the menu so can't comment on it.

I think it's only been there about a month, btu maybe someone else knows more?

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it here if anyone's looking for somewhere quiet and pleasnant for a few drinks with friends, we basically had the place to ourselves last night apart from one small group that came in for tea (i'm guessing Tea Garden refugees too!) and seeing as how I really liked it and the staff were lovely, i'd hate to see the place go under cos nobody knew about it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

I know the spot, Stephen –*it used to be The Bridge Art Gallery. I saw tables in there on the way into town not too long ago and wondered what it had become. I definitely want to give that place a go, good to know it's recommended!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Spotted this place as well... Looks really nice and friendly kind of place for a glass of wine. Definitely somewhere I'll be checking out in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

The Village Magazine are having their Christmas Party in there tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

In that case, it's just become hip! Got the name yesterday*–*Ormond Wine Bar.
    I'll be there in the New Year.

Advertisement