Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero/Rockband guitar

Options
  • 21-12-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get a solo guitar for the xbox in dublin? Most places sell them with GHWT,GH5 software which I already have. There is a rockband guitar in argos for 50e but they seem to be out of stock in nearly every dublin branch :rolleyes: I really need just a guitar and nothing else but I cant find anywhere that sells them on their own!

Also I seen GH:Aerosmith In GAME in dundrum for 50e (guitar and game) But alas it was for the PS3 :rolleyes: Did anyone see an xbox version around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Does anyone know where I could get a solo guitar for the xbox in dublin? Most places sell them with GHWT,GH5 software which I already have. There is a rockband guitar in argos for 50e but they seem to be out of stock in nearly every dublin branch :rolleyes: I really need just a guitar and nothing else but I cant find anywhere that sells them on their own!

Also I seen GH:Aerosmith In GAME in dundrum for 50e (guitar and game) But alas it was for the PS3 :rolleyes: Did anyone see an xbox version around?

I got a Beatles rock band guitar, the Gretsch one for 58 online but I have seen in HMV for the same price and quite simply it is the best guitar I have ever used on these games :) the John lennon one is also the same price, these where over 100 when Beatles RB came out

Edit: The full rock band set is 50 in smyths and nthe rock band guitar was 25 on its own but not sure if there are many if any left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

calex71 wrote: »
    I got a Beatles rock band guitar, the Gretsch one for 58 online but I have seen in HMV for the same price and quite simply it is the best guitar I have ever used on these games :) the John lennon one is also the same price, these where over 100 when Beatles RB came out

Edit: The full rock band set is 50 in smyths and nthe rock band guitar was 25 on its own but not sure if there are many if any left

Hmm I'll have a looks in smyths in tallaght tomorrow the beatles one sounds tempting but I just want a basic one (like the GH3 one) if unsuccesful I'll try all the game shops in the square :( who knew it would be this hard! It's a pity my GHWT guitar broke on such short notice this close to christmas when I planned on using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can get the Guitar Hero Metallica (World Tour w/ pushead faceplate) guitar for only 35 euro in HMV. It comes with a free copy of Guitar Hero Metallica, including songs from before they became a hard-country freakshow, and Demon Cleaner by Kyuss which is worth the price of admission on it's own. Saw XBox and Wii versions on the far right of HMV Liffey Valley right where the PS3 rack turns into the book rack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

Thanks for your help :) I Settled for the GH3 controller for 30e in smyths - because the queue in HMV was massive and I dident want to get in it just to be told they dident have any of the metallica ones in stock :rolleyes:

The Les Paul guitar is way better than my crappy GHWT guitar was anyway :) The strum bar just seemed flimsy or something or is that just me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was in HMV in Drogheda this morning and they were selling a Rickenbacker for 34.99. I should think about this I says to myself , do I really need another guitar........ :confused: (and RB: beatles value edition for 44.99 :eek: )

FFS i should have got it there and then as for that price I'm sure I'd have found a loving home for it. By the time i decided to go back a 5 year old had it tucked under her arm in the massive Q to pay for it :mad:

Lesson: Never 2nd guess impulse buys and bargains ;)

My wallet is breathing a sigh of relief though :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement