Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCKIA or NOKIA

• 21-12-2009 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have got myself into a situation where I do not what I can do and seeking your honest advices.

Friend of mine gave me a mobile phone as a present which I do not need. So I wanted to sell it off for few quites. But it seems like the mobile that was given is not original and I mean with that it seems like fake. Cause it has different language and name on the phone is misspelled like NCKIA. So I am wondering if I sell it to someone would I get into a trouble?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

MGLman wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have got myself into a situation where I do not what I can do and seeking your honest advices.

Friend of mine gave me a mobile phone as a present which I do not need. So I wanted to sell it off for few quites. But it seems like the mobile that was given is not original and I mean with that it seems like fake. Cause it has different language and name on the phone is misspelled like NCKIA. So I am wondering if I sell it to someone would I get into a trouble?

Thanks for your help.

I doubt it very much. You would need to point out to someone that it is not a Nokia but a different brand of phone. A replica so to speak. Once you inform them and they are happy with it then there's no problems. try sell it on ebay maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would imagine once you don't try to pass it off as a Nokia and make it clear that it's a "Nckia" then you shouldn't have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

Thank you very for your quick responses.

Unfortunatelly it is against the rule: *Sale of Replicas of trademarked items*.

Where are you trying to sell it?

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    Where are you trying to sell it?

I tried it on adverts.ie

Ah right so. I thought your question was just a general one. Your best option to get complete clarity is to ask here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=646 and one of the Adverts.ie admins will give you a definite yes / no.

Advertisement