Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vue Cinema Liffey Valley

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

hobochris wrote: »
    I take it you haven't been to cineworld in town? probably the best cinema in dublin. I used to go to liffey valley but got sick of sticky floors,varying sound quality and dodgy seats.

In cineworld, There is a greater selection of food, you can get a drink before hand in the bar, the place is constantly being cleaned,not just the screens after a film.They also offer an unlimited card allowing you to see as many films as you want for a fixed fee,which works out alot better for regular cinema goers.

Been to Cineworld gajillions of times and I think they have a much more varied screen quality. Screen 9 and 17 are great and big but you could also end up in 4 with a WAY smaller screen and because the movie wasn't wide screen you could see the blurry bits down the side, whereas Vue pull the curtains to suit the movie. That makes a big difference, to me at least.

As for the cleanliness, ironically enough, was in cineworld on Sunday and when we came out my gf she was covered in chocolate. They obviously hadn't checked the seats before hand. I'm sure this isn't the norm and they will pay for any dry cleaning but it's far from a flawless cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

NothingMan wrote: »
    You never see a manager in that place.

Actually now that you mention it i can only remember seeing a manager one time but he was behind the counter having a chat with the "senior staff"...
    As for cineworld i agree it is a very good cinema but the cost of parking there is unreal depending on the length of the film you are going to see you can pay up to €6 for parking. Now some might not think thats alot but its €6 more than liffey valley.

I had one of their unlimited cards two years back and it was fantastic for when i was working in the city center and could park in work but my god the amout of trouble i had trying to cancel it. Firstly you are tied to a 12month contract and for me it was not as easy as a phone call to cancel. Long story short i was charged for months after cancelling and getting refunded involved letters to banks and letters from solicitors

Nice cinema though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Agree with Hobochris. Vue is a long long long way away from being the best cinema in Dublin.

I go quite regularly as I live in leixlip and its handy. This is the only reason. Blanch is probably the worst in dublin, which is why I dont go there.

In Vue, sound is always terrible, seats are filthy and uncomfortable, and its really badly organized, but they are still printing money out there.

IFI is the best cinema in dublin...by a country mile! For content and quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I go to Vue all the time, NEVER buy food in there. Go to Boots next door, far cheaper. If you're there earlier, go to the newsagents beside the entrance near the foodhall stairs. 2 pouches of malteasers for €2. Compared to 1 for €4.50 in the cinema

Advertisement