Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO

Options
  • 21-12-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Has anyone finished and sent theirs off yet? Im hoping to do mine after Christmas I think.. What did everyone put down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Kinda set it aside to do over christmas.

I Think Im gonna put science (DN008) in UCD down first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Might aswel put down the list i have now :P
    1. Science - Trinity
    2. Psychology - DCU
    3. Science Education - Maynooth
    4. Science - Maynooth
    5. Science - UCD
    6. Arts - Maynooth
    That's it so far, just have to get the points now :o

Might aswel put down the list i have now :P
    1. Science - Trinity

I'm debating wheter or not to put this or UCD first for science. Obviously with TCD Points being higher, if I go with UCD I won't bother putting TCD down.
    Any reasons you chose TCD over UCD?

Conor108 wrote: »
    I'm debating wheter or not to put this or UCD first for science. Obviously with TCD Points being higher, if I go with UCD I won't bother putting TCD down.
    Any reasons you chose TCD over UCD?

Purely selfish, Trinity is closer to get to :o. I've heard UCD was great but two buses every morning would really get to me. I know Maynooth is far away aswel but if i was going there i'd live on campus. I wasn't even considering UCD until about last week when my teacher said i needed to look at more options so i missed the Open Day. I also loved Trinity when i went to see it and really hope i get my first choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

1. Human Nutrition-UCD
    2. Science-UCD
    3. Science-Trinity
    4. Science-DCU

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Did mine aaaaaaaaaaaages ago

Journalism + new media, UL

The rest, hopefully are irrelevant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

I've a number of courses, Journalism DCU, English & Film Studies UCD, Secondary teaching english Mater Dei and other media based courses.

Problem is I'm relying heavily on courses based around english, so over the Christmas I plan to look into other areas, then sent it away in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Medicine in RCSI is my first choice, followed by the other 4 Medicine courses. Then Pharmacy in RCSI and TCD, Human Health and Disease in TCD, Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences in UCD and Biological and Biomedical Sciences in NUIM. I've also applied to universities in Scotland and I have an offer to do Pharmacy in Aberdeen :D

Can't wait to send this away and forget about it until August!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

1. Law & German - Trinity
    2. Pure Law - UCD
    3. Law & Political Science - Trinity
    4. Law - Trinity - Trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

OMG u guys are soooo lucky, i wish i knew what I wanted to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsokay

Can't wait to send this away
    ?????? does everyone not just do it online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

itsokay wrote: »
    ?????? does everyone not just do it online
    A good chunk of people send it away paper form. Why I just don't know:confused::confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'm debating wheter or not to put this or UCD first for science. Obviously with TCD Points being higher, if I go with UCD I won't bother putting TCD down.Any reasons you chose TCD over UCD?
    Don't pay any attention to the points because you don't know what the points in 2010 will be like. Make sure you put them in order of preference; don't let the points consideration even enter your mind right now.
    yenoBAYUB wrote: »
    OMG u guys are soooo lucky, i wish i knew what I wanted to do.

Don't worry, you've a lot of time left to decide. :) Just go through as many prospectuses and course descriptions as you can; if you have even a vague idea of what area you're interested in (Science/Business/Arts etc.) it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Journalism and new media in UL also!! :D
    I really want to go to Limerick so I've got a few more courses in UL put down that will get me into journalism!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I doubt Trinity Science points will ever go below UCD, I think you only need one science subject to matriculate for UCD vs two for TCD, that'll keep things up a bit I would imagine.

Last years points arent a very good indicator.......UCD jumped by 80 points this years. Most sciencey things went crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Plus science at Trinity seems be a favourite for students who didn't get into medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sophsxxx wrote: »
    Journalism and new media in UL also!! :D
    I really want to go to Limerick so I've got a few more courses in UL put down that will get me into journalism!

Good to see I'm not the only one so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Hmmmm. Law and French or Law and Political Science or straight Law first? And then the rest afterwards,and then some English courses. I'm at the early stages of a rough draft,as you can see :pac:
    Fun times ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Atm my CAO looks somthing like this:

1.PPES (TCD)
    2.BESS (TCD)
    3.History and Political Science (TCD)
    4.Economics and History TSM (TCD)
    5.Maths and Economics (TCD)
    6. International Relations (DCU)

and if I have a mental breakdown during the leaving, get shot or lose functioning of half of my brain...

7. Arts (UCD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Government UCC
    Arts UCC
    Law Griffith

thast it really :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Architecture UCD,

backup??.....i don't stand for second ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Business in UL....thats it so far!:o

At the moment looks like this:

1. UCD.........Science
    2. TCD.........Science
    3. UCD.........Physics with Astronomy and Space Science
    4. UCD.........Computer Science
    5. DCU.........Common Entry into Science (Undenominated Entry)
    6. NUIM........Science

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I've only two definites....

1. Computer Science (Trinity)
    2. Computer Science (UCD)

After that, I don't know.....
    One of my main focuses is to go to college in Dublin. I really love music and I want to be immersed in the likes of Templebar! It might seem a bit silly, picking a college because of its situation, but hey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Quick Question: If you have a disability and apply on paper, how do you get the SIF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

Hey guys,

What's the story with adding/taking away courses or changing your mind when making the CAO application online? I'm sure its quite simple but the damn handbook loves to make the simplest of matters appear difficult :p

Once you create your account online can you then go back and add/remove courses or swap them around? And are you charged for this?

Chris007 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

What's the story with adding/taking away courses or changing your mind when making the CAO application online? I'm sure its quite simple but the damn handbook loves to make the simplest of matters appear difficult :p

Once you create your account online can you then go back and add/remove courses or swap them around? And are you charged for this?

Yep you can keep changing it for free until.....some day in January is it?

I'm an indecisive one though so I make little changes quite frequently and it emails you EVERY time to notify you of the changes you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Yep you can keep changing it for free until.....some day in January is it?

That is when the early application offer ends.

You can change the CAO as much as you like until the 1st of July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

unknown13 wrote: »
    That is when the early application offer ends.

You can change the CAO as much as you like until the 1st of July
    Not exactly; it's only free for certain periods, and you cannot register or change your mind at certain times.

Honestly people it's all on the first page of the CAO website: http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutCOM

• Advertisement

Have people sent theirs in yet? I'm still struggling to find enough courses so i might just send it what i have a change/add it later.

Advertisement