Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beanbags

Options
  • 21-12-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I know I'm leaving this very late but my sister has asked me for a beanbag for Christmas and I can't find one in town anywhere. She's 26 so a childs one is out. Argos don't have any that might me suitable. Anyone know where they can be got? Harvey norman have them but they're over €100!! :eek:
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

There was a place up by the Milk Market that did them. Presume it's still there

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

445279.ie wrote: »
    Yea someone told me a woman had a shop up there that used to do them. Had a look up there and couldn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Just on the corner opposite Copper and Spice Restaurant.

But might not be there any longer. Know a friend of mine got some there last Christmas and go another refilled during the summer.

Happy hunting ;)

Thanks. I'll look again tomorrow but maybe open my eyes this time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Pretty sure I saw some in Guiney's on Sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

also woodies DIY,
    Atlantic had them a while back but don't know if they still do them..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Beside the Edge Clothing store at the market used to be a bean bag shop.
    Something I've been meaning to buy, I cant remember what price
    they were when I saw them Last year but I remember being stunned
    that they were so expensive.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I'm also looking at buying a beanbag for christmas so any help would be appreciated!

LD

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That place in the market is closed for a while I believe. Think they had a website, http://www.beanbagsireland.net/.

I got a nice one through ebay, but bit late for christmas now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'm also looking at buying a beanbag for christmas so any help would be appreciated!

LD

try stitch in time, its in the parkway shopping centre, round the corner from their old shop. might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Pretty sure there's also a place in the Roxboro Shopping centre that does them - they're beside the library and the fruit and veg shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had the same problem last year - only place i could find suitable ones were from UK. This crowd is the best

http://www.greatbeanbags.com/

Thanks for all your replies. I finally found some today in Atlantic homecare at Parkway. However they were only kids ones and were €59! Ah well. Guess she'll be getting a voucher for clothes or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

445279.ie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it closed down months ago, I remember Sarah in the edge telling me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Que Sarah Sera?

Sorry couldn't resist, yip that place is closed, you could always get her a voucher from an online beanbag seller. May be infact a better option as getting the right colours to match the curtains which match the rug which match the dog which matches the colour of the house etc etc....ye get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Xennon wrote: »
    Que Sarah Sera?

Sorry couldn't resist, yip that place is closed, you could always get her a voucher from an online beanbag seller. May be infact a better option as getting the right colours to match the curtains which match the rug which match the dog which matches the colour of the house etc etc....ye get my drift.

Yep try that site I mentioned - they supply the bean bags to a whole host of shows including Big Brother

Does anyone know any places in Limerick that currently sell these and that are not children ones?

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

probably a bit late if you needed it for christmas but harvey normans sell them..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Xennon wrote: »
    Que Sarah Sera?
    I know it's off topic, but whatever, that is actually what most Asian people think my name is from IRL (it being Sarah and the Japanese of it being Sera)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

cyberspi wrote: »
    also woodies DIY,
    Atlantic had them a while back but don't know if they still do them..

I was in Woodies a week ago and saw shíte Beanbags selling for €150 :eek:

• Advertisement

Harpy wrote: »
    probably a bit late if you needed it for christmas but harvey normans sell them..

Are they children ones though ? Im looking for normal sized adult ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Are they children ones though ? Im looking for normal sized adult ones.

no they have really nice leathery adult ones..

Cheers man, might check out Harvey Norman tomorrow!

Advertisement