Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road grit for the drive way

Options
  • 21-12-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello.
    I have a driveway on a steep hill and when it freezes over I have serious problems getting out. I tried to find road grit on the internet. I know its not the same as the stuff you get in builder providers. Is this correct?
    Do you know where I can buy some?
    I know this may not be the right section to post, but its the closest I could find.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Regular cheap salt should do the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Regular cheap salt should do the same job.

No regular salt won't do it has to be rock salt, regular salt is too fiine and washes away as the ice melts, get the coarse stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

Hi

I have the same problem on our driveway. Got a bag of water treatment salt at the local co-op, €10 for 25kg. It's basically granules about 4mm wide. Did the job nicely last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

B&Q have it or at least the Galway branch do.

Advertisement