Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

htc hero v iphone

• 21-12-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hows things

Question,

How does the HTC hero compare with the iphone regarding applications, games etc?

I've been addicted to my friends Iphone these days but cant get one in my price range for the life of me, the HTC hero on the other hand I can get one for cheap enough. So how does it stack up against the iphone, is it totally different/incomparable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

In the long run, you'll probably be better off with the HTC but half of the fun, it seems to me, isbeing able to show off iPhone apps to users and non-users. Obviously, they only place you can get these is iTunes so whle you may have a great phone in the Hero, you'll feel left out of the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

if its a straight choice of those 2 then defo go with the hero.

if you are open to android options in general, consider the following

Samsung Spica (on o2)
    Acer Liquid (no data carrier sim free from pixmania, clove.uk or expansys)
    Hero (Meteor)

I've used all 3 androids and the iPhone. the iPhone is by far the weakest of the lot (in ALL depts and considerably more expensive)

I bought the Acer in the end as it has more features/better performance than the others and is relatively cheap (~£280 - £320 sim free) it. is. class. the complete phone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭dinneenp

a friend of mine bought the Hero cos 'everyone has an Iphone'.
    He said it's good but also said iphone is better.
    basically the amount of apps available can't be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

dinneenp wrote: »
    a friend of mine bought the Hero cos 'everyone has an Iphone'.
    He said it's good but also said iphone is better.
    basically the amount of apps available can't be beaten.

you dont really need more than 1 or 2 fart apps. really. dont.

Android Market has now reached the 16000 apps. Most of them might be less appealing graphically but have a much higher value in terms of use.
    you want a metal detector? there's an Android app for that. :cool:

plus no multitasking on the iThingy is... very '2000. you want to listen to music, browse the web and scan a barcode all at the same time, dont get an iThingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

yep want to cut and paste text - mms etc...? get an android!

the android app store is catching up FAST. and as nmesisca says alot of the apps (in both marketplaces!) are rubbish.

basically, most android phones (even the G1) better the iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

00sully wrote: »
    yep want to cut and paste text - mms etc...? get an android!

the android app store is catching up FAST. and as nmesisca says alot of the apps (in both marketplaces!) are rubbish.

basically, most android phones (even the G1) better the iphone.

tho in fairness the G1 has the looks of roadkill :P

but seriously theres only like 4-5 fart apps in the Android market.
    thats value! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BrianD wrote: »
    In the long run, you'll probably be better off with the HTC but half of the fun, it seems to me, isbeing able to show off iPhone apps to users and non-users. Obviously, they only place you can get these is iTunes so whle you may have a great phone in the Hero, you'll feel left out of the club!
    Yep the main thing you want in a phone is being part of a special club to show off apps :confused:

Advertisement