Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some forums wont load

Options
  • 21-12-2009 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this happens to other people but in last few weeks some forums will only load the odd time. A lot of the time this comes up near top of screen...

Media Interaction - Contact Us - boards.ie - Archive - Privacy Statement - Team - Ad Sales - Top

© boards.ie Ltd. (Ireland) - Hosted by Digiweb Hosting.

... and rest of screen blank.

Main ones it happens on are blackout rugby, bands and musicians and the odd time on the rugby and motorsport forums.

Something wrong on site or with my internet? (Other forums seem to come on perfectly everytime)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you get into those fora normally, and just sometimes those particular ones won't load, or is it always with those fora, and you can never access them?

Can you grab a screenshot next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

normally used to get into them without any problems but just in last weeks they have become hit and miss. can get in sometimes but today hasn't gone so well.

Sorry for my stupidity but how do i take a screenshot?

It depends on what software you use and system you are on. Afraid I have to refer you to wikipedia for specific info. But if you have windows you can probably press PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard and it copies the screen into memory, then you use something like Paint to paste it into a jpg file, but crop out the private information before you do that. Or on a Mac it's the Grab app and take a grab.

Then upload it to imageshack.us or wthax.org to host the image. And then link to the image here.. Bit convoluted, but could help..

/Users/johnnysmack/Documents/grab board.tiff

did that screenshot work?

• Advertisement

ok got it this time, heres the screenshot.

http://img63.imageshack.us/i/grabboard.png/

Yeah, ta.

I wonder if it's a skin thing. Can you try changing to the default theme, or the beta theme is really nice, with a great dropdown menu, the best boards menu so far in my opinion. Safari browser yeah? Have you tried Firefox or another browser out of curiosity?

For now I'll move this to the Site Dev forum in case it's a known issue.

Hey Gordon I changed to the beta and it works perfectly now. Thanks for that. Just need to get used to the new layout. Cheers.

Another user is reporting this problem now with the Music category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Thanks for reporting, will try to get this sorted out soon - in the meantime, changing skin to default or beta should fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Was happening to me on Fashion and Appearance, and now working with Beta. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement