Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 Charger Port

• 21-12-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I somehow managed to damage the charger port on my N97 and now it won't charge.

I brought it into a vodafone shop and they said it was unrepairable and I'd have to get a new phone.

Does this sound like it could be true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

PH4T wrote: »

I brought it into a vodafone shop and they said it was unrepairable and I'd have to get a new phone.

Does this sound like it could be true?

You were told you have to buy a new phone by someone who's paid to sell you new phones?

I'm shocked.

Did you try brining it to somewhere like phonemenders?

If THEY tell you it's unrepairable, or perhaps it costs a fair amount to fix, wouldn't it be terrible if your (insured?) phone went missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Phone menders should be able to do the job, I just collected a blackberry rom them today for the very same thing. Otherwise if they cant I'm fairly sure a Nokia repair centre could do it for you. Im sure you could tell them it just broke and you want it repaired under warranty and see what happens...

in fairness though they are flimsey and my own looks dodgy ant the best of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PH4T wrote: »

Exact same thing happened to mine :|

Mine will charge if I fiddle with it for a second but it is slowly getting worse.

Have been meaning to drop it into a repair centre. If they cause a fuss, I am done with Nokia phones for a long long time.

Advertisement