Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the best place for a haircut in Dublin (city centre)?

Options
  • 21-12-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

My mate is a hairdresser and normally does my hair for me, but she is booked solid this week so I will have to find somewhere to go to get a haircut, I havn't got the money to book an appointment at the salon she works in, so will have to make do with a barber, the last time I was at a barbers at Knights Barbers in Grafton Street I was given an uneven haircut by a very rude woman. That was a last Xmas before I met my friend who does my hair, but I need to gt a decent haircut this week, as last year Xmas photos were a disaster coz of that haircut:(

I don't want to go somewhere who only know one style, are Sam's Barbers any good? The one in Temple Bar? Anywhere in the city would be helpful? Somewhere young and trendy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kingofcastle

Fag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

...insult to other members.

In fact, we don't like it at all.

So you can have a ban.

And no, the "it was a joke" excuse won't wash here eithe
    r.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Giz a job

Fag!

The OP is only asking a question!

It's 2009 and men are allowed to care about their appearance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Giz a job

btw OP I know that place in Grafton Street, total nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Try Grafton Barbers, at the top of Grafton St. I've been going there for years and never had any hassle or dodgy haircuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

Worked for the Grafton Barbers for years and I still go there for my haircut.

They're very good and professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Grafton Barbers are good alright, but my recommendation is Style Club on South William Street. Only a fiver or so more than Grafton Barbers, and it's one of the best in Dublin. Definitely matches the description of 'young and trendy'. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dublin Boy

Grafton Barbers are good alright, but my recommendation is Style Club on South William Street. Only a fiver or so more than Grafton Barbers, and it's one of the best in Dublin. Definitely matches the description of 'young and trendy'. :D
    Thanks, I've never actually heard of them, but might try it out, especially if it's only around a fiver, I don't need to make an appointment do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Dublin Boy wrote: »
    Thanks, I've never actually heard of them, but might try it out, especially if it's only around a fiver, I don't need to make an appointment do I?

As long as you go in at a non-peak time you could more than likely get done there and then. Yeah, men's cuts are €30 odd, and they have 20% off, so it's not much more than the Grafton Barber. It's a pretty cool place, and they have loads of male customers.

http://www.styleclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Always found sams barbers on the quays excellent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

G-Male in Ranelagh are very good... http://www.gmale.ie/

Or the Grooming Rooms on South William Street .... http://www.thegroomingrooms.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

There's a very good place opposite the Luas Terminus at Connolly station.

The Grafton Barbers is good too but always very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

I use the Barbers Room opposite Trinity College. Have done for years. Never had a problem. 20 quid a go (for a wash and a cut) but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Shepherd's on Wicklow Street or the Waldorf on Westmorland street are both well respected, long running Dublin barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There's a very good barber above the "sub" shop on North Earl Street (between Henry Street, and Talbot Street), at the Spire end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Sams Barbers are great, as are the Merchant Barbers and the Waldorf on the southside.

$30 for a haircut in Style Club seems a bit much? Sams is the most expensive of the above recs but you get a nice little neck massage and some juice or tea whatever, and it still works out cheaper than €30.
    What do you get for €30 exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

marwelie wrote: »
    I use the Barbers Room opposite Trinity College. Have done for years. Never had a problem. 20 quid a go (for a wash and a cut) but well worth it

yeah same here. have been going there for about 4/5 years i'd say and will do probably as long as i still have hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

jamieh wrote: »
    G-Male in Ranelagh are very good... http://www.gmale.ie/

I'm going there this week to get my haircut, I've heard nothing but good things.
    Fag!

I know I'm probably going to get a ban, but seriously mate, you're a proper fucking idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

1968 wrote: »
    Shepherd's on Wicklow Street or the Waldorf on Westmorland street are both well respected, long running Dublin barbers.
    yes the waldorf a fantastic place to get your haircut. Staff are superb there and its a family run business as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Don't know if it's true, but I was told that there's a peter marks specially for men on Baggot street, I'd say it'll be a bit pricey though:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ThomasCreeby

Waldorf all the way.

I wont be returning to the Grafton Barbers again. Had too many unpleasant experiences with the horde of Eastern European muppets they have began employing who couldn't give less of a f*ck about the details of what type of a haircut you'd like and just give you the default scalping they dish out to everyone.

I'm not picky about my hair all that much, I just don't like being ignored when I'm trying to specify how long I want it.

Advertisement