Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time (w)Bankers

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

The real culprits , not the public sector. How the fcuk neary et al are not in jail is shocking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

it's all coming out now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And F---ing Bertie egging them on :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭maxximus

And F---ing Bertie egging them on :eek::eek::eek:

Bertie is one nauseating cnut , he should be shot.

ffs , this is shocking stuff , fingers fasttracking loans of millions to ff gangsters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I'd like to think this programme would be a watershed in any country which would lead to resignations across the board, from banks to government. In another country, this programme would be followed by a general election.

But.. this is Ireland. I actually don't know what politicians would have to do to trigger widespread disgust of the kind that would trigger an election.

The stuff being released here is horrifying. The 0.5% at the top of our country have a completely different system of LIFE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

I am going to say something short as a small maths equation:

Bertie Ahern = Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Bah, nothing will change. The boys club will continue, regardless of what is said here. Granted, there may be some stuff here that we didn't know about, but there was nothing done about the stuff we all knew about, which in itself was shocking enough

LowOdour wrote: »
    Bah, nothing will change. The boys club will continue, regardless of what is said here. Granted, there may be some stuff here that we didn't know about, but there was nothing done about the stuff we all knew about, which in itself was shocking enough

too true, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

That was pretty sickening to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

That was the best Primetime I've seen in a long long time. On a technical point thankfully they have gotten rid of the shaky camera soft focus ****e.

The editing was great, sharp and to the point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Jesus Christ that was intense. I'm so fcuking angry right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

rotten, rotten to the core they are (and the system)
    :mad:

and David McWilliams wants to invite more of these "bankers" here to Ireland

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Shocking program, anyone who is struggling financially due to pay cuts, job losses etc must be seething..

[-0-] wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that was intense. I'm so fcuking angry right now!

if you borrow €100 K its your problem

if you borrow €100 million ... its the taxpayers' problem

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

maxximus wrote: »
    ffs , this is shocking stuff , fingers fasttracking loans of millions to ff gangsters

Now we know why Linehan was so quick to bail them out. Croneyism at its best :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭strathspey

Sorry, but that was a pathetic piece of investigative journalism. What was learnt from that ,that we didn't already know? Give me the Guardian newspaper anyday.

strathspey wrote: »
    Sorry, but that was a pathetic piece of investigative journalism. What was learn from that that we didn't alraedy know. Give me the Guardian newspaper anyday.

I learned that Irish Nationwide is in more **** than I taught (alot more ****)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That basatrd Fitzpatrick refusing to give an interview and coming across as all hurt - "don't I deserve a right to privacy?"

No you fcuking DON'T you arrogant fcuking TURD. We taxpayers will be paying for your hubris and your mistakes for 20 years. Hopefully we'll see you up in front of a judge soon, and then being led off in gang irons to spend the rest of your fcuking life behind bars like that other crook, Made-off.

I was hoping Oonagh Smyth would give him a little help down the concrete steps.

Basatrd!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Sorry, but that was a pathetic piece of investigative journalism. What was learnt from that ,that we didn't already know? Give me the Guardian newspaper anyday.
    it was a good encapsulation, a clear marker for the need for a Banking Crisis Investigation.

(Bertie with his suicide remark, ugh! vile person:mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sorry, but that was a pathetic piece of investigative journalism. What was learnt from that ,that we didn't already know?

That three and four million-euro loans were being given to senators with nothing more than a leccy bill as documentation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Fooking joke them cnuts should be punished severly.. Its an absolute joke. One meal coasting 16k....
    Fast track loans with out paper work even being submitted.
    Im gobsmaked:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

To be honest for the likes of me who found it hard to understand all this stuff i though it was fantastic. Simple and to the pointand minus the big word which i dont understand:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭francish

Neary, Ahern, & McGreavy anger me more than any banker. Neary in particular, there is something really wrong with a country that in one year cuts wages and social welfare and at the same time pays our over a €0.6m lump sum and a €140k pension to this idiot.

imme wrote: »
    it was a good encapsulation, a clear marker for the need for a Banking Crisis Investigation.

(Bertie with his suicide remark, ugh! vile person:mad:)

An investigation like the tribunals where no one goes to jail (excluing a couple of weaks)?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

The smugness of the people involved is really galling. Bertie, Cowen and McCreevy are such smug pricks who think they can do no wrong. They really irritate me.

The greed of bankers, idiotic and toothless regulators who get rewarded for their incompetence, and favourtism shown to politicians, all of this doesn't shock me. And that's a sad indictment of our society.

As someone outlined above, heads would roll (and not be paid off) in any other country. Just not in good old Ireland........

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

McCreevy asks Fingers for 1.5million-no creditworthiness check!They gave him 1.6million!It was an informative programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭doc_17

the suicide remark will be what I remember bertie for. Yet when he runs for the aras I bet he'll get it because we Irish are thick when it comes to demanding any sort of accountability. If the right wing media and boards had been as focused on the banks in the past 12 months as they were on public servants earning less than 30k then maybe the governemnt might have done something about those bsatrds who have wrecked our country. I'm sooooo angry right now

gally wrote: »
    McCreevy asks Fingers for 1.5million-no creditworthiness check!They gave him 1.6million!It was an informative programme.

What do people think of the significance of this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

hope this goes up on rte player soon sounds like it was a good watch

on the other hand no matter what is in it it dosnt change much

it dosnt mean the bail outs shouldnt have happened or the private sector people who were made redundant shouldnt have been, it dosnt mean ps pay cuts shouldnt have happened it just means we are learning more about what caused the mess

as someone else said on here anger and revenge towards bankers is not a policy that will save the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

doc_17 wrote: »
    maybe the governemnt might have done something about those bsatrds who have wrecked our country. I'm sooooo angry right now

and what would be the result of that? they might MIGHT go to jail or be prosecuted and fined for something, maybe.......then what our country would still be ****ed and everything thats happened in the mean time would still need to happen only it would have been 12months too late

Advertisement