Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Elite download to hard-drive:

• 21-12-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am purchasing an xbox elite for my brother as a xmas present, I myself got one last week. He enjoys golf and I bought tiger woods '10 along with my recently, question is can I give him my disc and he can download it to his xbox rather than spend another 40 quid on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

you can save it onto the hard drive but i think ya still need t put the disc into the xbox for it to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

you can save it onto the hard drive but i think ya still need t put the disc into the xbox for it to work

:o darn,

thanks.

I thought that was the reason why you saved it onto the hard-drive )-:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

In_tuition wrote: »

Installing it to the hard drive, means its loaded from the hard drive,
    making loading times much faster.

It doesnt load anything from the disc,
    it just looks for it to prevent people copying games on their friends computers etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

In_tuition wrote: »

This is Microsoft we're talking about here, they would hardly add that feature to their console!:p

It improves load times and makes your xbox a lot quieter, but you still need to have the disc in the drive if you want to play it...

• Advertisement

Understood

thanks for the responses, really appreciate it.

Advertisement