Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website access problems

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys, i've been messing aaround with my website today, trying to make a few changes to it since it's been a while since I touched it. After i was finished, I wasn't able to access it if I put www. in front of the domain. What could be wrong as I can access it just using the domain name by itself.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you getting any kind of error message?
    did you put the files into the correct folder?
    Is the site simply down?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mike Funnelly

I was getting a 404 file not found error when I tried it in internet explorer. I'm just after trying it in Firefox and Chrome and it works alright in both of them. What could be causing it??

try ctrl & F5

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mike Funnelly

Whenever I type in the full address, into Internet Explorer, it seems to link the homepage to the subpage, downloads. This doesn't happen with the other 2 browsers

clear the history, cache (same kind of logic with the Ctrl & F5), etc. and see if that helps first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you post a link to the site so others can see what error messages they get?

Advertisement