Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fascia, Soffit, Sofit and Guttering

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for PVC Fascia, Soffit and Guttering .
    I am building in the Galway area.

Who are the best prices people got?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Quoted just under 2000 for semi d house, approx 50 metres in length with about 7 right angle turns on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Sounds about right, I'm in the Dublin area myself so cannot recommend anyone.

Ask them to give you examples of houses they have done in your area.

I used to work this gig myself in Dublin before moving into banking and know only too well some guys do it right and some make an absolute hash of it. Know a couple of really nice lads up here who are still in the business, theyre genuine and do nice work....it's kind of rare in that game to be honest.

Best of luck

Ps approx 10euro per foot is the most you should be paying regardless what type they use.I would imagine these days its lot less with competition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Thanks Trap- went with my man for 1900. I thought it sounded a bit steep but checked two other houses he did, and then checked the cost of materials only - through a mate who supplies them- materials were well over 1200 so I think my price wasnt too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Trapattoni wrote: »
    Sounds about right, I'm in the Dublin area myself so cannot recommend anyone.

Ask them to give you examples of houses they have done in your area.

I used to work this gig myself in Dublin before moving into banking and know only too well some guys do it right and some make an absolute hash of it. Know a couple of really nice lads up here who are still in the business, theyre genuine and do nice work....it's kind of rare in that game to be honest.

Best of luck

Ps approx 10euro per foot is the most you should be paying regardless what type they use.I would imagine these days its lot less with competition

Need to get this done at the minute - we're in the Tallaght area, so any recommendations would be great. Were hoping not to have to get it done this year, but the wood is totally rotten & bits are falling off it, so better get it done I suppose.

Advertisement