Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence question

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

I tryed looking through the link above but the links dont work. Screen stays on boards when i click it.
    For the referee's part.
    I was told not a family member on a forum but on the form it just says it cant be a gaurda. Im thinking of putting me da down as one and a farmer as another. Will this do? Like, who knows me better than the ould boy or could they think he could be biased because im his son? Will i write on a seperate piece of paper that i can provide more if needed??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Link works fine for me. You may have a browser problem (Internet Exploiter can break down and sulk: try FireFox).

A family member is fine. For club members we usually reccomend a long-standing club member and a family member.

Your suggested referees look fine to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

As its my first rifle should i put down for a mod now or wait until i get the licence and have it ammended?? My main reson for a mod is because of houses nearby and also afraid of startling sheep in lamb.
    I dont want it to look like im getting too much stuff for my first rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Dusty87 wrote: »
    As its my first rifle should i put down for a mod now or wait until i get the licence and have it ammended?? My main reson for a mod is because of houses nearby and also afraid of startling sheep in lamb.
    I dont want it to look like im getting too much stuff for my first rifle
    It's up to you, but bear in mind if you apply before your licence runs out, it'll cost you another €80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

mmm, i dont know which to do. Ah il think il put it down and see. Hopefully the super wont nthink im putting down too much for my first rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

Dusty87 wrote: »
    mmm, i dont know which to do. Ah il think il put it down and see. Hopefully the super wont nthink im putting down too much for my first rifle.
    Hi Dusty87, Talk to super B4 you send FAC1 form in and see how his mind is woking and use words like Sound moderator and not silencer.! and rifle/firearm and not weapon and tell me about lambing and about the people who live and sleep near where you hunt and if he says no you`ve tryed
    Regards T.
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Scoogles

On the subject of referees, I was told by the F.O. that the Commissioners Guidelines says that one referee should ideally be known personally to or may be related to you and the other ideally somebody who might know you professionally but not a direct relative. But he was filling out my form with me and we put down my ma and sister. They are just guidelines and once both referees can say your sound there doesn't seem to be any hassle.
    On the moderator I've heard that if you want to get a moderator after you've recieved your licence you have to make the whole application again and its the fee again because it goes on your licence and the old supers written authorisation is now gone. So I woould suggest lobbing it on the first application and save the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Tick the silencer box! Submit your reasons for wanting one along with your applications, they don't demand this but it might save it being returned to you asking for them.

I put down my Dad and my sisters boyfriend (who is as good as family, still not related though :D ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I put down my solicitor ( an officer of the court ) and my G.P.

Advertisement