Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco credit card

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi just wondering how you find them and how can you pay? is it just by direct debit or can you pay over the phone with laser card?
    do they give out cards easily enough?
    or are they very strict ?
    no bad credit rating or any thing just working part time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

hieveryone wrote: »
    hi just wondering how you find them and how can you pay? is it just by direct debit or can you pay over the phone with laser card?

Many people complained, look it up on this forum. As I understand, they don't have online access and, therefore, paying them is a nightmare.
    They refused me when I applied a few years ago on the basis that I already have a CC from the same issuer (RBS which operates as Ulster Bankhere). I didn't know it's an issue, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

hieveryone wrote: »

Tesco are extremely fussy on who they grant credit to. I applied for a card with them a year ago and was shot down. I suspect it was because I also had a rather sizable loan at the time. From what I figure, if you have any amount of "other creditors" at all, they will not take you on. Just speculation on my part of course:) Good to see a responsible lender though!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

You can pay at the post office if you want - they just swipe your credit card when you're paying, no need to bring the bill/giro in with you to pay, which I find handy.

I applied for the card about a year ago and they were fine about issuing a card to me, even though I had a loan at the time, and didn't have a massive income (I do have a good credit record though).

They just set the credit limit low to start with (think it was circa 1000 euro) and see how you go with paying it, then if you're proving your ability to manage your finances by paying on time etc, they will allow you to up your credit limit a little at a time if you require it.

Advertisement