Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alien Breed: Evolution (XBLA Game)

• 21-12-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Played the trial, though it was fairly addictive for a bit. I like the whole top-down shoot-em up style of it.
    I dno if i should purchase it though. I'm getting pretty tight with my money at the moment due to xmas etc. Just wondering if i should get this game? Or is it worth the buy?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I quite enjoy it. Its better than the demo suggests but it is repetitive and best enjoyed in 40 minute - 1 hour sessions. Any more and youd get sick of it. But its top fun all the same. :D

this is a rehash of an Amiga game from about 1990!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

glasso wrote: »
    this is a rehash of an Amiga game from about 1990!

Yep. Team 17 realised that there was money to be made after they remade Worms, so got stuck into revamping Alien Breed.
    Haven't even played the demo yet, but the Eurogamer review says the same as 0ubliette - pretty much no gameplay deviation after the first few minutes. Just finding keys and shooting aliens all the way through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not really enjoying it - the gameplay is just too simplistic with lots of A to B back tracking. Looks really nice though.

Advertisement