Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New 42" Plasma

• 21-12-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

I picked up my G10 in DID at the weekend (would have bought from richersounds but you wont deliver ther G10 here) and it picks up all the digital channels here in Galway. They look simply superb. One thing I was surprised about is how you don't even need any form of ariel to pick them up . The tv simply picks up RTE 1+2 , TV3, TG4 and RTE NEWS , along with all the digital radio stations too. And the picture on this TV for Blu-ray is simply amazing !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

I picked up my G10 in DID at the weekend (would have bought from richersounds but you wont deliver ther G10 here) and it picks up all the digital channels here in Galway. They look simply superb. One thing I was surprised about is how you don't even need any form of ariel to pick them up . The tv simply picks up RTE 1+2 , TV3, TG4 and RTE NEWS , along with all the digital radio stations too. And the picture on this TV for Blu-ray is simply amazing !!

Hi muppetkiller

What varient of the G10 did u purchase? (42, 50inch etc)

Are you getting all the freesat channels as well (e4, more 4 film 4 etc)?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

no in Galway I'm only getting the Irish channels but I haven't updated any firmware on the G10 yet, so maybe i need to do that to pick them up.
    It's a 42 Inch a bought and got it in DID for only 899 :D.

I was delighted with the sale until the muppet tried to get me to buy a Monster HDMI cable for 80 Euro ...telling me that I wouldn't be able to view anything over 50 Htz with a cheap cable. I laughed at him and said please let me speak to your manager...to which he replied he was the manager lol . I then asked him to explain the differences in the digital signal quality on a cheap HDMI cable and a Monster one , and also explain how CRT tv's had 100Htz tech for years without HDMI cables.. He didn't answer..just smiled and walked off.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I was delighted with the sale until the muppet tried to get me to buy a Monster HDMI cable for 80 Euro ...telling me that I wouldn't be able to view anything over 50 Htz with a cheap cable. I laughed at him and said please let me speak to your manager...to which he replied he was the manager lol . I then asked him to explain the differences in the digital signal quality on a cheap HDMI cable and a Monster one , and also explain how CRT tv's had 100Htz tech for years without HDMI cables.. He didn't answer..just smiled and walked off.:D
    I know exacttly the kind of person you are on about, they do it all the time in places like the Sony Centre. Bought a Blu-ray player in there last year and the guy tried to sell me a HDMI cable worth 50 euro.
    I just went home and ordered one of Amazon.co.uk for a tenner.
    The thing that pee's me off most is that there are people out there that are less knowledgable about this kind of stuff and are getting ripped off on a weekly basis.

Anyway, back on topic.
    That weird that you are getting reception without any sort of antenna. How far away is your nearest transmitter?

Not sure to be honest I'm in Galway City so I might be picking it up from Cliften , Maam or even Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

On the hdmi front, got one for a fiver int tesco at the weekend! :D

Not as good a deal as the €2.50 ones available in tesco about a year ago but not bad, a fiver for 1080p picture quality! :)

And on the ***** trying to fob on those damned monster cables, i would love them to literally illustrate the difference between a 5€ tesco cable and a monster cable, on two identical tvs. They'd be stumped! :D .I really do pity the people who fall for it though because anyone buying a telly over 500€ in a hsop in this country is targetted on that lark

Back on topic OP, fantastic choice, amazing telly!

• Advertisement

did you get the 5 year warranty for the 899? if so not a bad price at all

Yes any Panasonic bought before the 24th Dec I think qualified for it.
    I've sent of my forms anyway to panasonic in the UK and am waiting for it too arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

and just 1 year after the Crimbo ? :)

no in Galway I'm only getting the Irish channels but I haven't updated any firmware on the G10 yet, so maybe i need to do that to pick them up.
    It's a 42 Inch a bought and got it in DID for only 899 :D.

was the 899 a best price after some negotiation as the price on their website is 980. did you definately get teh 5 year warranty with it?

Yup 899 with 5 year warranty.
    They Price matched with Power City and then had a 9% discount deal on the day I went to get the TV.
    the 5 year warranty is from Panasonic for any tv's bought before Dec 31st I think so maybe over now.

• Advertisement

Yup 899 with 5 year warranty.
    They Price matched with Power City and then had a 9% discount deal on the day I went to get the TV.
    the 5 year warranty is from Panasonic for any tv's bought before Dec 31st I think so maybe over now.

cheers for the feedback. the extended 5 year warranty ended on the 24th december. it is now only available in the panasonic store in limerick until 10th january but their price for the 42g10 is 999. DID will still do it for 899 so may wait a while hoping that panasonic will reintroduce their 5 yr warranty, which they more than likely will. Although i have heard there is a new range of pannys coming out in march.
    Are you happy with your G10 and its quality?

Advertisement