Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday activities :-)

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi All!
    Staying in Cork 28-31st Dec with the Bf and my 7 year old son. Looking for some ideas of things to do that himself(the 7 yo) would enjoy and some suggestions of some not so expensive places to eat.
    Hope ye can help, Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Not sure if "himself" refers to your boyfriend or son, but you could try some of the following:

Ice skating either in Barrack Street Garda Station (7up on Ice) or Docklands (Cork on Ice). Barrack Street is an interesting venue but read the reviews on this board before choosing...

A day trip to Fota House and gardens and/or Fota Wildlife Park on the train. Check the opening times.

Go for a walk around the Lough, urban bird sanctuary with a crib scene on an island, and a pub nearby to retire to for a hot whiskey.

Fitzgerald's Park is also worth a visit, nice cafe by the riverside to stop at for a coffee, and a playground. There is riverside walk from North Mall in the city most of the way to the park.

For reasonable places to eat try Casanova on North Main St., Wagamama, (noodle bar; South Main St.), Star Vast (Chinese; Marlboro St?), sandwiches in the Long Valley pub on Winthrop Street (nice Christmas atmosphere).

Pantomime of course, either the Opera House or the Everyman Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Thanks a mil! Some great ideas there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

The peace park on Grand Parade is beautifully lit up and theres Santa there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I know this is an old thread but have you ever visited the Toy Soldier Factory in Kilnamartyra village, near Macroom. It is quite unique and well worth a trip. Its free to enter and free car parking. It is a few kilometers off the N22 between Macroom and Killarney. You can cast and paint metal miniatures in the visitor center and keep them as souvenirs. There is also a huge Battle of Waterloo exhibit that is very informative if you like miniatures or history.

I'm pretty sure the charter doesn't allow advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the charter doesn't allow advertising

It's a 7 year old thread... the kid is now 13 or 14.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement