Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery plane

Options
  • 22-12-2009 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Did anyone see or hear the plane that was flying about on sunday night?

It circled around for about half an hour in an area that included Letterkenny.

It was around midnight and was the strangest thing as there were huge bolts of lightning flashing at the same time.

I reckon it was the size of plane that would land at Carrickfinn but I doubt if there was a flight landing at that time of night.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

WOW!! A plane sighting in donegal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

It was flying over my house for ages,looked lost,had the cockpit light on.Flying at a few 100 metres,about 200 id say.Headed for Carrickfinn direction.

The Gardai had a few calls about it.I thought it was just a plane whos GPS wasent working until a neighbour had said they had seen it flying around in the middle of the day for ages aswell:confused:

Weird altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah heard it last night as well, thought it was very strange to have a plane around so low in such bad weather..doesnt seem to make any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

yes i actuall opened the skylight when i seen it flyin overhead i was goin really slow and low,strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Yeah, it was a plane and it was seen landing in Carrickfinn airport.

The airport landing lights that rotate a beam into the air were also on at the time.There was lightning indeed that night but that was before the plane arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

It was Santa ... and he was lost ... not to mention early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

It was the plane from Prestwick to Carrickfinn it was originally delayed due to a technical problem and by the time it got here it had to go into a holding pattern due to the lightning landed at 20 to 1 eventually.

My mum was on it it's one flight she did not enjoy

Advertisement