Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10kg rooster potatoes €1.94 Dunnes

• 22-12-2009 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

As the above says the Dunnes 10kg roosters are 1.94 at the moment. Dont know when the offer is finished but they looking while at work today they were selling quite quickly.

Also various offers of veg + fruit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

So that explains why i seen a fella in Dunnes yesterday with about 8 big bags of potatoes in a trolley. Well explains the price anyways. His diet needs further analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Yeah all throughout the day there was people walking away with multiple bags of them. Good offer though. Especialy so close to the big day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭georgem25

Great value - see also

Brussel sprouts 34c
    4 pack lemons 34c
    bag easy peel clementines 34c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

thanks OP got 2 bags today at 5 there was still loads of spuds left in dunnes bray but no veg!!! Probably just as well was hard enough on the bus with 2 10kg bags of spuds (",)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up 2 bags last Sunday.

Some great offers in Dunnes actually (with the maximum quote of 2 per customer as usual indicated, but not typically adhered to) including Pineapples and Melons for 34c each.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco have the same offer
    2.5kg Roosters for 49c

How do the farmers make a profit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco have the same offer
    2.5kg Roosters for 49c

How do the farmers make a profit?
    Grants from the EU ;)

Anyone know if they've any left in the Square or Kilnamanagh (Tallaght) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Just ordered some thanks from Tesco thanks poster.

While I was ordering I found this, it hardly merits a new thread, but it seems to be a misprice so keep it quiet till I get mine, sparkling wine, usually €17.99 now "half price" at €7.99

Hardys Crest Nv Chardonnay Pinot Noir 75cl

Sorry can't add a link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

Was just wondering if the weather had anything to do with it, THE FROST:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 a.griffin-flood

Bought a 5 kilo bag in Blanch on Sat. When peeled were mostly black and had to bring them back on Sun. They looked fine and were in date. Beware.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Spudzz wrote: »

What effect would frost have on covered potatoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

Spudzz wrote: »

I think you've just hit the proverbial on the head there!

Probably explains the next poster's experience with black spuds too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I wouldn't recommend roosters at the moment. The last few bags I've bought I've thrown out the bag half full. Not just Dunnes ones either. The whites seem to be good this time of year. Thats obviously why the whites aren't on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks Karen. I'm due a delivery of them today, I'm going to peel them today to check, and if okay I'll par-boil them and freeze ready for roasting Christmas Day. Will grab a bag of whites from the local shop if they're bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Keep an eye on them when you're boiling them because they turn to mush very quickly

Advertisement