Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Question..

• 22-12-2009 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right section, apologizes if so.

I'm a long term O2 user on bill pay, a few months ago I upgraded my phone which meant my contract had to be renewed for another year. A few months after renewing contract my work started to slow down. I contacted O2 and asked could I end the contract to move to credit for time being. I was willing to pay any fee required.

After talking to O2 rep I was advised to take up a new plan, still on bill, I was told the new plan would actually be cheaper than credit so I agreed.

2 bills later I noticed the new contract costs were more than my actual usage costs. Top of my head, contract was around 30 to 40 euro, calls and txts were under 10 euro with no free txts or calls. Under 10 euro was the cost of all my usage.

When I noticed this, I sent O2 a letter stating the new contract wasn't working out and that I'd like to have my contract swapped over to credit as I first requested.

A week later I got a txt saying I could end my contract. My contract would be swapped over automatically to credit, all I had to do was txt a certain number after 35 days. Trouble is I deleted the txt a few days later by mistake. I had imagined O2 would send a letter to back up the message, a letter of conformation.

I never got the letter and decided to hold off paying any bill's until I recived some form of a letter confirming contract would end.

Since the txt I got over a month ago I've received nothing from O2, just today I notice they have possibly cut me off, again no notification.

My question is, whats going on in O2? and can they cut me off like that?

After this episode O2 have just lost a long term customer, I am going to pick up a pre paid sim, which is today's best provider? best prices for calls, txts etc during the day? Hopefully its not O2?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

As far as I know once you sign a contract for the year you have to stay with them for the year. I don't know why they said you could cancel your contract through texting back within 35 days. Surely it'd be handier to just ring up and talk to one of their customer service guys to get things sorted, not to text them. I am not on 02 myself.

I have a simular situation with meteor. I lost my job and haven't payed my bills in about 2 months. they haven't cut me off yet. I am planning on paying my bills after christmas. Did they give you any notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    As far as I know once you sign a contract for the year you have to stay with them for the year. I don't know why they said you could cancel your contract through texting back within 35 days. Surely it'd be handier to just ring up and talk to one of their customer service guys to get things sorted, not to text them. I am not on 02 myself.

I have a simular situation with meteor. I lost my job and haven't payed my bills in about 2 months. they haven't cut me off yet. I am planning on paying my bills after christmas. Did they give you any notice?

No, nothing at all, I think they allowed for the end of my contract because they screwed me over with new plan and I caught them out. The only information I received from them since my letter was that txt, which is daft, txts are easily deleted so was sure a letter was on the way. I haven't been using my phone feck all, I'd say I owe them max 80 euro. They are not hadling the situation great, I'd ring them but I've no land line, mobile cant make calls anymore but it still recives them.

Have to go and pick up a credit sim tomorrow, finished with O2 now.

Its left me in an awkward situation, not sure if they are allowed to cut me off like that, no notification?

items wrote: »

Its left me in an awkward situation, not sure if they are allowed to cut me off like that, no notification?

Im not sure if they do or don't have to give you notification. But you would imagine they would give you a week or two at the very least. How long have you been with them just out of interest?

Im not sure if they do or don't have to give you notification. But you would imagine they would give you a week or two at the very least. How long have you been with them just out of interest?

I cant remember its that long, I've only ever had two numbers, this number is the second, originally credit but changed to bill some time before the change to euro. Never missed a payment in all those years, I only held off paying as I was awaiting a letter of conformation for end of contract.

I am going to try and hold onto my number, change provider but if its not possible or delays, I'm going to have to take a new number, which is going to be a nightmare.

Still interested in finding out can they cut me off with no notice.

We may suspend all Services immediately and terminate this Agreement if:

* you fail to pass such credit checks as we consider are reasonably necessary from time to time.
    * you fail to pay us any sums due under this Agreement on their due date.
    * you breach any of the terms of this Agreement or if any information supplied by you to us is false or misleading.
    * we have reasonable cause to believe that you are unable to pay the Charges; or
    * for any reason we are unable to provide the Services to you.
    * you are an O2 Clear SIM Customer and you terminate your Direct Debit arrangements with us without switching to an O2 Pay Monthly price plan.

Just took a quick look on 02's website and came across this. By the looks of things they can do it as it is in their terms and conditions.

Source: http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About%20O2/Terms%20and%20conditions/Pay%20monthly

• Advertisement

Just took a quick look on 02's website and came across this. By the looks of things they can do it as it is in their terms and conditions.

Source: http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About%20O2/Terms%20and%20conditions/Pay%20monthly

Thanks, appreciate that. Wouldn't know where to look. A lot of big business here have their heads up in the clouds, they think its business as usual when clearly its not. After all the business I sent their way this is the thanks I get, 80 euro max and they've knocked me off due to a misunderstanding. I could pay the arrears tomorrow but its going to cost them more in the long run.

Any suggestions for a pre paid sim? I've to pick up one of those mobile broadband sims too, change of address with no internet, maybe their is a credit package?

Advertisement