Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debranding N95

• 22-12-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

hi
    i have a 2 year old unlocked vodafone branded N95 8g.
    i tried to update the firmware for the first time today but it says there is no firmware updates availible. i think i need to "debrand" it to update to the latest firmware

does any1 have a decent giude i could follow to complete the debranding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

hi
    i have a 2 year old unlocked vodafone branded N95 8g.
    i tried to update the firmware for the first time today but it says there is no firmware updates availible. i think i need to "debrand" it to update to the latest firmware

does any1 have a decent giude i could follow to complete the debranding?

where did you get the firmware update from btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

symbian-freak.com shows ya how to do it. Thats a grand site cos some of the admins get new phones to test and review so ya know its legit. There is probably a guide on here somewhere aswell. Dont forget to backup your phone memory if you dont wanna lose data ya might want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

There are a lot of guides - what you are looking for is the application that changes the Product Code to a standard retail EU one. Nemesis, I think it is called. Nokia's automatic updater checks the Product Code and if it's for example, a Vodafone Product Code, then it doesn't update as firmware updates are then up to Vodafone to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

aaaaaaaaaaa. i see, thanks guys, i take a look at that site now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

thanks lads, job done

now i have to wait 2 hours for all my music, settings etc to restore

:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement