Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

road salters

• 22-12-2009 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

that stuff flying out of the road salters lorry is sum stuff to chip the windscreen
    got least dozen small chips after passing 1 up by the pike the other night .......

i pay road tax for this sh*te
    70bux a go to get them fixed down the windscreen place...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 holla!

Hoffmans wrote: »
    that stuff flying out of the road salters lorry is sum stuff to chip the windscreen
    got least dozen small chips after passing 1 up by the pike the other night .......

wish they would actually bother to use the stuff out in portlaw. tried to stop the other day going downhill and skidded out into the middle of the road (was going very slow but car just couldnt grip, ice was too thick). looked to my left, about 50 yards away and saw the council lads standing around having a chat and doing absolutely nothing about the road!

sucks about the windscreen btw lad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I enjoy the safer roads provided by these lorries.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not Waterford specific... Ill send over to the Motor folk who can decide whether to give this thread a christmas blessing or a christmas binning (bah hambug is right!)

Topic Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

The same thing happend to me 2 days ago.
    Except this lorry smack my hole right side of the car. I was pretty pissed and very angry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv been hit many times and never had any damage done to the side of car or window. Guess im lucky.

Not sure there much good down here, roads are still terrible. Was behind one tonight and don't think he gritted all of the main road, seemed to stop after a while anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I've never had any damage done by them, driven by several in the last few days already.

[pedant]
    It motor tax, not road tax
    [/pedant]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Sully wrote: »
    Not Waterford specific... Ill send over to the Motor folk who can decide whether to give this thread a christmas blessing or a christmas binning (bah hambug is right!)

Topic Moved
    How are The Pike Hill and Portlaw not specific to Waterford ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Invoiced to Waterford County Council i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Don't you have windscreen cover?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Well I pay my motor tax not road tax so I'm not too sure about the OP,

Anyway, I'd much rather these road salters be out and about then not and while I've not come across one just yet I will be keeping back from them so as to ensure my car isn't damaged.

Seems simple enough really....it drops stuff out the back onto the road it seems obvious that this could "potentially" damage your car in some minor way, if you get too close or try overtake while its doing its job your taking the chance that your car may be affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Cabaal wrote: »
    Seems simple enough really....it drops stuff out the back onto the road it seems obvious that this could "potentially" damage your car in some minor way, if you get too close or try overtake while its doing its job your taking the chance that your car may be affected.

Exactly! Not rocket science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I don't think they use salt in Ireland, they use a gritty gravel instead. In the UK they use salt alright.
    I am open to correction though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Cabaal wrote: »
    Well I pay my motor tax not road tax so I'm not too sure about the OP,

Anyway, I'd much rather these road salters be out and about then not and while I've not come across one just yet I will be keeping back from them so as to ensure my car isn't damaged.

Except when they are coming the other way:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Salt is actually pretty pricey-- think thats why they don't use it.

Either way, I'd rather a ding in my car than skidding off the road into a ditch on the ice. Out here in Portlaw too, roads are lethal with the ice :( no grit!

Advertisement