Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elmpark, Merrion road, D4

Options
  • 22-12-2009 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Was looking at an apartment on daft.ie http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=807018 since my current lease is up in middle January. Anyone heard anything about the place? From the odd drive about the place it seems rather quite, big and imposing. Rent seems reasonable enough. Although I have seen variations of the apartments and they seem to differ in size irregularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

1 bed €1500 reasonable !!!

are you an estate agent or something ? yes ....its a decent looking clean place - doesnt look very big, it has a car space....but for me...overpriced !

Advert mentions Leisure Center, Gym, Pool and squash courts - due to open (does this mean construction is ongoing ? ) ...... are they payable or free for tennant use ?

Also...its on the 6th floor !!! ( not very nice if elevator breaks down )

I would suggest ..... go view it ... then maybe decide if you want to offer a lower price ...or offer the asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

PCPhoto wrote: »
    1 bed €1500 reasonable !!!

are you an estate agent or something ? yes ....its a decent looking clean place - doesnt look very big, it has a car space....but for me...overpriced !

Advert mentions Leisure Center, Gym, Pool and squash courts - due to open (does this mean construction is ongoing ? ) ...... are they payable or free for tennant use ?

Also...its on the 6th floor !!! ( not very nice if elevator breaks down )

I would suggest ..... go view it ... then maybe decide if you want to offer a lower price ...or offer the asking.

The Gym/Leisure Center/Pool to the best of my knowledge is permanently "Under Construction"... and has been for the last 18months or so apparently. Developer hit by the recession I'm guessing. And that particular apartment was a quick link my apologies. On daft there's a few for offer's for Elmpark floating about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If you plan on joining the golf club beside it, forget about it! Practically impossible unless you apply for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

If you plan on joining the golf club beside it, forget about it! Practically impossible unless you apply for years.

Already in, the father luckily had the name down since I was 6/7. Although that wouldn't really be a factor for moving around there anyway.

Anyway I have a viewing booked for next week. There's a few reasons this place is appealing to me, it's in a great location for my job(working in Baggot street), DART close by and the facilities about are excellent. Although I have become aware that the rent to mortgage differential per month aren't too distant. I take it no one here has any experience of the place?

I'd like somewhere around Booter/Blackrock as it's convenient for myself, anything further out seems a mess for drinks in town and just convince , i.e. paying for Taxi's out or w/e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Was renting a 2bed there for 1350. Very nice place to live, heating costs should be included in the rent for most of these apts. As someone said, the shop/gym/pool will never be finished, so don't base anything on that

• Advertisement
Advertisement