Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

full irish breakfast

Options
  • 22-12-2009 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭

hey all, where's the best place in the city centre to get a full irish before i finish off the dreaded xmas shopping in the morning. I'd like a proper feed, not somewhere that they charge 1.50 an item and count the beans as well as tastey and filling. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Cork is pretty **** for breakfasts to be honest.

Everyone here (and in Cork) will probably rave about Tonys Bistro on North Main Street.

Personally, I prefer The Uptown Grill on McCurtain Street, by a mile.

Enjoy :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Nash19 on Princes Street is tasty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nattyguest

If you're willing to do some shopping in Blackpool at the retail centre, Kafkas cook a mean breakkie for a tenner with a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Sally in Adam and Eve's upstairs in Oliver Plunkett st does a nice full breakfast with all the toast and coffee you want for a tenner. And it doesn't be packed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Tonys Bistro is great but just nip down the road a bit further, down beside north main st shopping centre and theres a place called Waffles. It doesnt look much from the outside but its SAVAGE. Plenty of top ups and extra toast and good price. When ur on the run though you cant beat a breakfast roll from Tonys Bistro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

matt the rasher's in sundrive down in crumlin do a mean breackfast for about 8 euro ya get orange juice and tea with it,and theres even a slice of liver with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

gumpy2 wrote: »
    matt the rasher's in sundrive down in crumlin do a mean breackfast for about 8 euro ya get orange juice and tea with it,and theres even a slice of liver with it
    very convenient for cork city!!

Went to tony's. Haven't been there in years, they've done a cracking job in doing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

The New Bar in UCC does a tasty brekkie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Nash 19 in my opinion has the nicest but not the cheapest breakfast in town:

http://www.nash19.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Stay away from Tony's Bistro it's pure muck!

Uptown grill on mcurtain street is the place to go for a proper traditional fry-up, they give you your butter and it's the proper stuff on a little plate.. need i say more. The last time i was there i saw the butcher arrive with sausages and rashers.. only the best.

T

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gyre

Used to always go to Tony's but have discovered way better:

The Uptown Grill (McCurtain Street)

Or

Kiwi's (Collge Road) I went here for the first time ever two weeks ago and it is one of teh cheapest places in Cork for all food, not just breakfast. The people are really nice and the place is cozy. The full breakfast was only 4.99e and it came with tea and toast. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,700 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Theres a cafe about halfway down the Douglas St that does a savage all day breakfast, very reasonably priced too, cant remember the name, but its the only cafe on the street.

edit: think its called Bia Blasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Is there anywhere in cork that serves a breakfast roll all day? A decent one that is?

Advertisement