Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't increase resolution on my Acer Aspire

Options
  • 22-12-2009 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

1280x720 is the highest i can go. I'm using a program that needs at least 1280x780... I know if I increase it any more some of the screen will be missing and I'll have to scroll down etc. Is it a matter of updating the driver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Post your model number / GFX card or something a little more so we can guide you.

I may easily be a matter of a driver update but hard to tell without more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

It's the intel 945 chipset I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Okay ... best guess is try to install the latest intel driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?FamilyId=39&FamilyName=Graphics&currentproductstatus=Active&FamilyStatus=Active&LineStatus=Active&LineId=1101&LineName=Laptop+graphics+controllers&lang=eng

Make sure it is being recognised by the system and not showing up as a 'generic' device/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Most flat screens have a maximum native resolution so it could be that 1280x720 is your max (without scrolling).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Most flat screens have a maximum native resolution so it could be that 1280x720 is your max (without scrolling).
    depends on the graphics card, you can upscale/downscale with e.g. Nvidia & ATI cards, i dont know about intel integrated, probably not because theyre crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

but my last netbook had the exact same driver & software and it let me increase the resolution. Look this is as far as it goes:

untitled-4.jpg

will try that driverupdate thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

^^probably because it had a higher native resolution LCD panel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Overblood wrote: »
    but my last netbook had the exact same driver & software and it let me increase the resolution. Look this is as far as it goes:

untitled-4.jpg

will try that driverupdate thanks.

screens have a maximum limit they can go to.
    was it the exact same model?
    if not then you can't assume this one will do the same.
    graphics cards isn't really the limiting factor here.

Advertisement