Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (22/12/09) (Freeze continues across country)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i missed the forecast at five to seven. what did she say about christmas day exactly? is the snow risk confined to the north of the country only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

i missed the forecast at five to seven. what did she say about christmas day exactly? is the snow risk confined to the north of the country only?

She did'nt say much about it actually, just that it was a possibility.
    That was it really

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just caught a glimpse of Francis on SkyNews weather . . . the chart they were running with seemed to indicate snow for the South and Mid-lands of Ireland tomorrow morning.

Just caught a glimpse of Francis on SkyNews weather . . . the chart they were running with seemed to indicate snow for the South and Mid-lands of Ireland tomorrow morning.

Well I will be watching the radar closely over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Evelyn talking about a risk of disruption in the south and east would indicate to me that they feel the snow showers will be slow moving enough to cause accumulations of more than just a dusting.

Of course its just a risk.... :pac:

• Advertisement

Evelyn talking about a risk of disruption in the south and east would indicate to me that they feel the snow showers will be slow moving enough to cause accumulations of more than just a dusting.

Of course its just a risk.... :pac:

You may be in a good position for snow maquiladora (if it stays cold enough);)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Shamelessly taken from another forum

An interesting snowman - do not click if offended easily

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

MUSEIST wrote: »
    You may be in a good position for snow maquiladora (if it stays cold enough);)

I'll be heading up to Kilkenny tomorrow evening so might have a better chance of seeing something up there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Taken from the rte news website:

"Southern Munster, southern Leinster and eastern Leinster could experience sleet or snow showers tomorrow afternoon and into Christmas morning."

yeeaaaaaaaaaah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

AND weather warning on met eireann's website

"Tomorrow the wintry showers will fall mainly in the south, while later tomorrow and during Thursday the showers will become confined chiefly to the east and southeast of the country. Severe overnight frost and patches of freezing fog will lead to hazardous driving conditions."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

ugh im totally raging the mountain behind me has 12-13 inches of snow on it in some deep parts now and is down to one lane of traffic meanwhile just 200m below the snow has layed but guess what happened it melted ahhhhhh this is the only bloody place were snow dosnt lay! what does it take to get some damn snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

bbc weather forecast shows rain for dublin between 21:00 wednesday and 12:00 PM thursday.

I am @ 160m in D.16.....what are my chances of snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I guess tomorrow morning sounds like the best time for me to head to the north then. Otherwise I'm likely to be hampered by snow down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Dear god! I am seeing a forecast on yr.no for -9 in letterkenny for Christmas morning. Where the heck did that sneak in from ?!?!
    http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7552/screenhunter003n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

bbc weather forecast shows rain for dublin between 21:00 wednesday and 12:00 PM thursday.

I am @ 160m in D.16.....what are my chances of snow?

A hell of lot better than mine at 70m in D.16 ...

Where is 160m in D.16 :confused:

Rougies wrote: »

what does d.16 mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Kingston :)

owenc wrote: »
    what does d.16 mean?

Dublin 16 .. postcode ;)

Kingston :)

Lol, where is that?? A search threw up Ballinteer, but that's only 85m

Dublin 16 .. postcode ;)

ok lol thanks it looked weird.. then realised.... you know the show....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 patrickryanv

its not looking like we are goin to get snow tonite

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

This thread is going to the dogs!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Just hit 0C here - dropped 2 degrees in about 15 minutes there. Stepped outside for firewood, and MAN, that is one cold wind.

yea a few days ago there was loads of people on it now theres no body do u tik we will get snow tonite

yea a few days ago there was loads of people on it now theres no body do u tik we will get snow tonite

FFS ... ... I can't take this sh1t anymore. :mad:

wats the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

welcome back john1994:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

wats the matter

No "txt" speak, proper English only! Few extra letters and a couple of capitals and full stops cost nothing.

Who is john.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

wats the matter

My comment was not directed at you - just saying this thread has turned more into a chat room than a weather discussion! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement