Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (22/12/09) (Freeze continues across country)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Can anyone in the Donegal area (letterkenny region) let me know how the current state of weather is?

Due to visit my niece tomorrow, travelling from Meath, pretty sure the roads are going to be bad, would like some confirmation though or any news regarding the weather and potential hazards on the journey up..

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

welcome back john1994:D

;)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    My comment was not directed at you - just saying this thread has turned more into a chat room than a weather discussion! :rolleyes:

Don't waste your time reading it so.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

In_tuition wrote: »
    Don't waste your time reading it so.

eh....sorry, I didn't see anywhere in the thread title the words 'pointless banter'???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

wats the matter

Sweet jeysus, I thought we had moved past this sheit,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 patrickryanv

Is there any snow in north tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    eh....sorry, I didn't see anywhere in the thread title the words 'pointless banter'???

A bit hypocritical don't you think? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

we do not know look on the radar!:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    A bit hypocritical don't you think? :rolleyes:

No....now no more adding to the pointless banter. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Can anyone tell me please if it will snow in my back garden tonight, tomorrow or on Christmas Eve?

Also what temperature it will be, snow depth and how quickly the snow will melt?

And the same also for my front garden.

Oh I live in North County Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Getting tetchy in here!

No change here, no snow today again.

Ice starting to fall of the roof!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Probably not as cold here in Waterford City as last night. Temp of -2.1c now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Can anyone in the Donegal area (letterkenny region) let me know how the current state of weather is?

Due to visit my niece tomorrow, travelling from Meath, pretty sure the roads are going to be bad, would like some confirmation though or any news regarding the weather and potential hazards on the journey up..

thanks.

I don't know if this will help but it shows a lot of the main roads in Ireland with their temperatures and whether they've been salted or not.

You might be able to see the route you take.

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

K-9 wrote: »
    Getting tetchy in here!

do you not get snow an hour ago? btw benevenagh has 12-13 inches at its highest point....:cool:

K-9 wrote: »
    Getting tetchy in here!

Can I ask where in Donegal you are mate?

Should I avoid at all costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Temp is 1.4 c here,Tonight I'm hoping no where between here and Shannon gets precip and the sun comes out very early :pac:

According to that site, it's a whopping great 5 degrees in Bundoran at the mo. Get the beach clothes out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I have banned that spam user suspected to be yer man from the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Patrick was here last week (long before John).
    Funnny thing is when John arrived i thought he was Patrick what with the similar catchphrase (and both located in Limerick).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Patrick,

This is an internet forum about weather discussion. It requires give and take. You will find that you are getting no answers because you are not contributing to the discussion.

Tell us about the conditions where you live.
    Tell us what you think the weather will be based on forecasts you have seen on TV/radio/internet.
    Post up some pictures.

Also, no text speak!!

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

gihj wrote: »
    Funnny thing is when John arrived i thought he was Patrick what with the similar catchphrase (and both located in Limerick).:D

Oh well he is a spam poster anyway , although perhaps a perma ban was abit excessive!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

It looks like Clare may see a bit of snow in the next couple of hours, going by the radars.

I see the N2 at Monaghan currently has a road temp of -3. That's the road I need to drive on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Hit -2.8c here at 18:40. Now, -0.2c. Not sure why, it seems clear enough outside.

Anyway, I'll be looking at that system coming from the south with great interest tomorrow. We could get a dumping here in the hills if the conditions are right. On the other hand, could be a non event if the precip doesn't get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

unreal over here now the temp was suppose to be -7 tonight but it is more like +7 the snow is melting everywhere a bit wierd considering its night and this time of year,

but it seems to be going quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can I ask where in Donegal you are mate?

Should I avoid at all costs?

The main roads will be treated so you should be ok. Some of the back roads are treacherous, depends on the traffic on them. I'm in Convoy, East Donegal.

Nothing here Owenc, everybody else seems to be getting it!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Evening all, just spent the last 20 mins catch up reading! interesting evening here i see ;););););)

Well the report from Dromahair, Co. Leitrim is that we had about 2 seconds of snow which quickly turned into 7 seconds of hail which turned into about 4 seconds of rain!!! then it all stopped!!! Everything is melting here but the snow/hail on the ground is still quite thick!!

Heard Evelyn on the weather talking about the -7 or -8 stuff, she seemed shocked enough!! from what i can see from earlier it seems to have shocked everyone.

Hubby got me garden thermometer for Christmas but will have to wait till at least Christmas eve to open my gift!!! :( (really looking forward to seeing what temp my garden is at in this kind of weather.

fintonie wrote: »
    unreal over here now the temp was suppose to be -7 tonight but it is more like +7 the snow is melting everywhere a bit wierd considering its night and this time of year,

but it seems to be going quickly.

Where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Mothman: I notice your thermometer was -3 at 18:30 tonight but has gone back up to nearly 0 now. Strange considering there isn't much cloud cover in wicklow town and presumably ashford?

• Advertisement

gihj wrote: »

Dumb and Dumber .:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement