Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (22/12/09) (Freeze continues across country)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Joe Kname

<Delurk>
    So that's where it went. I was watching the radar and was expecting something to fall over Limerick around 2 -ish, but not a sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Dublin 11, freezing but bright and sunny.

I REALLY REALLY hope that the forecast for tomorrow/Thursday is correct, i.e. most of the wintry showers to be in the East.

I think we deserve it after having to watch everyone in the country get the white stuff and us having to sit back envious of ye.

Heres hoping.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Very foggy here outside Limerick on the Limerick Ennis road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snow has stopped here now, for a while I thought the sun was going to break through the fog but the fog seems to have got stronger in the last few minutes.

No thawing today I suspect.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Snow has stopped here now, for a while I thought the sun was going to break through the fog but the fog seems to have got stronger in the last few minutes.

send us an updated pic if you get a chance Sierra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Did you get much?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Did you get much?

Not really, we were getting nice big fluffy flakes at the beginning (when I made my post) but that quickly turned to light stuff. Grabbed this picture just as it was beginning to stop.

At least we know the snow is still around!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Latest forecast from Met Eireann (RTE1 @ 3pm) suggest a mostly dry sunny day tomorrow for midlands and east, with the south most at risk from any snow showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

francosp wrote: »
    Dublin 11, freezing but bright and sunny.

I REALLY REALLY hope that the forecast for tomorrow/Thursday is correct, i.e. most of the wintry showers to be in the East.

I think we deserve it after having to watch everyone in the country get the white stuff and us having to sit back envious of ye.

Heres hoping.

:D

i hope so for belfast too- we only got a little bit of snow 2 days ago now- very jealous of those getting heavy snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Still nothing interesting to report from North Kerry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

paddy power paying out on all bets from last week on a white christmas, the fkrs arnt paying out this week though unless snow friday the schwinehounds...

The fog has totally cleared here now, pretty much blue skies! A far cry from what things looked like just thirty minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Still nothing interesting to report from North Kerry...

Ditto here in North Galway. Some nice cloud scapes due to cirrus and decaying shower heads but that is about it.

Ensembles hinting at the cold wintry weather coming back in the New Year.

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/MT8_Dublin_ens.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

appears to be breaking down in the extreme southwest with 7 degrees in Valentia. Another glob coming up the shannon estury, but giventhat tempretures are rising, don't quite know what exactly that glob represents, rain or snow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Still bright and sunny here. You can fairly notice the stretch in the evenings;)

12Z GFS has slightly less precip at 30 hours. DP's look slightly better though.

Less precip overnight and Thursday morning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

GFS 12Z confirms the 'wintry risk' for the East and SE Thursday/Friday. In my opinion there could be an event (especially over higher ground) - for those who expect rain: maybe you guys don't realize how much the landmass has cooled in the past week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

appears to be breaking down in the extreme southwest with 7 degrees in Valentia. Another glob coming up the shannon estury, but giventhat tempretures are rising, don't quite know what exactly that glob represents, rain or snow

Kerry Airport only reporting 2°C at 15:20 and a rain/hail shower in the vicinity.

METAR EIKY 221520Z AUTO 00000KT 9999 VCSHRAGR SCT016 SCT032 02/02 Q0987=

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ditto here in North Galway. Some nice cloud scapes due to cirrus and decaying shower heads but that is about it.

yeah the showers seem to be dying out. the activity in the south will kill off the showers in west and north west tomorrow. so i wonder is friday when we'll most likely see our next snowfall? what do you think paddy1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Only out of bed and it dosent look like we got much during the night or morning.Was outside for a bit and it is absolutly freezing out with some dirty looking clouds inbound.

A little thaw last night aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Only out of bed and it dosent look like we got much during the night or morning.Was outside for a bit and it is absolutly freezing out with some dirty looking clouds inbound.

A little thaw last night aswell.

that was quite a lie in you had..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

MUSEIST wrote: »
    that was quite a lie in you had..:D

Dont I know it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Galway City, Clare, Limerick City and North Tipp may get some precip in next 90 mins.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

and

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=vis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

can we expect low minimas tonight because im sick of -2c minimas then 1c maxes which is gradually melting everything!

12Z GFS keeps the hopes alive of marginal sleet/snow on Xmas day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Dont I know it!:D

Good stuff used do that when i was a student, up at 6am walking dog:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

was minus 4 last nigh here. only got up to one degree. was out visiting a relative last night and the glass on her porch was covered in ice.

fog starting to roll back in. now we wait to see if temps plumet or if we start getting velentia type tempretures.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Fog is coming down very fast at the moment in Limerick city!

• Advertisement

Huge changes on the 12Z after 100 hrs.

06Z had max temps of 4c in the midlands on Sunday morning.
    12Z has max temps of -4c for the same place!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement