Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (22/12/09) (Freeze continues across country)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Phew; thank you. This connection is so slow and erratic I cannot get the big photos on anyways.
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    It's cause high res images were posted!It'll be ok once we get on to the next page..

Anyway if anyone is interested I'll be uploading any frost/snow images here.

I won't be posting any of them as they don't really focus on the weather,But more how our pets are enjoying it!:p

All except this:
    CBC82E102BD04164A85C48C778A0A8E8-500.jpg
    Sun sets on the field still covered in frost!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts..

Temperature: -1.3 °C
    Dew Point: -1.6 °C

Nothing here apart form a bit of fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Drakmord

-2 in Mitchelstown, Co Cork
    Absolutely Freezing, clear skies but fog beginning to form.
    I 'll post some pictures from earlier today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You think it's cold? I've been watching Tulloch Bridge in Scotland all day, -15.6c atm (at 1700). Max today of -9.4c (at 1300). :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looks a little bit marginal tomorrow for snow on the East coast. A few miles inland and a bit of altitude will be needed I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

fax36s.gif

fax48s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The east has a great chance for a shot of snow tomorrow night, with some heavy precip and the right conditions snow should fall away from the coast.

More nowcast stuff, its unsure how far north this feature will get, and we will be able to watch it form and moving to outh southwest over the coming 24-36 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Well I only had one heavy snow shower and that was 2 nights ago, it's been clear and very cold since, What are my chances of seeing snow tomorrow? it looks like it might just miss me to my south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

-2.7C
    Dp-4.0C
    Grass -8C

All time Dec low of -4.6C under threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

danni2 wrote: »
    Well I only had one heavy snow shower and that was 2 nights ago, it's been clear and very cold since, What are my chances of seeing snow tomorrow? it looks like it might just miss me to my south.

I'm the same, its snowed just to my north, south ,west and now it looks like this will just miss me to the east.
    However i'm in a good position for any precipitation to fall as snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

danni2 wrote: »

Impossible to know exactly how far the precip will go, yeah you might be a little too far north but you have a decent chance I'd say. Just check back tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

The east has a great chance for a shot of snow tomorrow night, with some heavy precip and the right conditions snow should fall away from the coast.

More nowcast stuff, its unsure how far north this feature will get, and we will be able to watch it form and moving to outh southwest over the coming 24-36 hours.

I hope you're right. PLEEEEASE... Give the EAST some snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Clear and frosty here in Waterford City. Temp is -0.7c. King on TV3 now just said rain for tomorrow :mad: Hopefully he is wrong as usual ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

hope by east this could include down and antrim?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fausto Miño

The hill above Galway City (Tonabrocky) never really thawed since Sunday night, its high up and shaded from sun by high hedges. I was surprised to come home to find a few centimetres of tightly packed snow outside my house last night. Cars could not make it up the higher part of the hill last night and today again.
    Between Headford and Ballinrobe particularly icy in places too,
    So if you are in those places.....drive smart!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

hello there what is the posibility of us getting a frosty night tonight not -2c because im sick of this melting all the snow at 1/2/3c maxes could we get -6c would love this......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

mickger wrote: »
    Clear and frosty here in Waterford City. Temp is -0.7c. King on TV3 now just said rain for tomorrow :mad: Hopefully he is wrong as usual ;)

hah King! althought it could be rain in Waterford city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Thanks for the reply guys, we'll just have to wait and see what happens, should be cold enough for snow if the precip can make it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

The BBC precipitation forecast shows rain/snow falling more on the Eastern side of the country for tomorrow compared to earlier today. Guess it's wait and see what happens as the forecasts seem to chop and change every couple of hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

hah King! althought it could be rain in Waterford city.

We never get snow here so i'm sure it will be rain. Will miss the heavy frosty mornings and everywhere looking so white.

• Advertisement

can anyone answer my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Whats the chance Cork will get snow tomorrow?

FFS its so annoying with people asking whether its going to snow or not,

just look at the feckin charts and make your own mind up, its not rocket science FFS....:mad:

jeeeeeeeezzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

owenc wrote: »

I'd try to answer it if it made any sense :confused:

Rougies wrote: »
    I'd try to answer it if it made any sense :confused:

erm the last time i checked it did:P:P anyways what i want to know is... whether we are going to get a proper frost tonight like -5_-7? because so far we have had -1c lows which is horrible because it is not really helping snow lie because in the day temps are rising to around 1 or 2c and a nice frost would be good and a nice ice day!!!!!

if I told you it will be -10 with blizzards would that keep you happy:rolleyes:

MUSEIST wrote: »
    if I told you it will be -10 with blizzards would that keep you happy:rolleyes:

yes though that wouldnt make me happy because its not going to happen:P and i think you need to watch your mouth sunshine because rolling your eyes and treating me like a piece of crap is making me mad!

erm the last time i checked it did:P:P anyways what i want to know is... whether we are going to get a proper frost tonight like -5_-7? because so far we have had -1c lows which is horrible because it is not really helping snow lie because in the day temps are rising to around 1 or 2c and a nice frost would be good and a nice ice day!!!!!

Probably not. The forecast is for between -1 and -6 degrees, but the lowest temps are usually in the midlands. So you'll probably get around -2 again tonight.

yes though that wouldnt make me happy because its not going to happen:P and i think you need to watch your mouth sunshine because rolling your eyes and treating me like a piece of crap is making me mad!
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This is shaping up to be like John 1994 nordy style :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement