Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Single Shoes Of Dublin

Options
  • 22-12-2009 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

something i’ve been wondering about for years are the many single shoes you see everywhere around town…i mean, who the hell would take off one shoe and leave it there?! or are they the leftovers of muggings or something? i’d say i have seen hundreds over the years and it keep failing to understand how and why they get there…never seen anything like it anywhere else in the world…really weird stuff to me…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its not just a Dublin thing:
    http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/74649

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

loyatemu wrote: »
    its not just a Dublin thing:
    http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/74649

thanks, shoes on the side/middle of the road are a different issue, interesting one too…i was more wondering about all the single shoes in town, in parks and everywhere else far from roads…that’s something i’ve never seen anywhere else outside dublin and ireland…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ive always thought of this myself. How did that person get home with only one shoe? Also gloves left on the spikes of railings? WTF is up with that? Again someone out there with one glove on!!

Dancor wrote: »
    Ive always thought of this myself. How did that person get home with only one shoe? Also gloves left on the spikes of railings? WTF is up with that? Again someone out there with one glove on!!

yeah, isn't it weird...?! i mean, forgetting a glove can maybe happen, but a shoe? anyone would notice having only one shoe on when walking around...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Just a high rate of shoeicide accociated with living in a city I'd say. So sad.

I'll get me coat! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Lived in Dublin all my life and someone told me recently that shoes left around were a signal for drugs to be bought in the area. Mentioned it to a few friends and they all knew about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wasn't that meant to be a pair of runners looped over a pylon/phone line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think this answers your question nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Shoes are bad enough, but I've come across whole outfits left on the side of the road!
    After much musing, I thought that maybe they were from people who were homeless and maybe having a few drinks on the street and then they wandered off into the distance leaving some of their belongings behind them.
    Either that or there are naked streetside parties going on that I'm not invited to!!!

z_topaz wrote: »
    Shoes are bad enough, but I've come across whole outfits left on the side of the road!
    After much musing, I thought that maybe they were from people who were homeless and maybe having a few drinks on the street and then they wandered off into the distance leaving some of their belongings behind them.
    Either that or there are naked streetside parties going on that I'm not invited to!!!

yeah, seen that too a few times...really weird **** going on around here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

ye this is strange, i occasionally come across single socks as well:confused:

how does somebody manage to leave their sock behind!

EDIT: lol @ that video

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I think this answers your question nicely.

great stuff

Advertisement