Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Problem

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

gary71 wrote: »
    I called out to a boiler that had been fitted 2 years ago, there was a big mystery to why the boiler was not working, Bord Gais finest couldn't sort it.

It turned out the installer had hidden the condense pipe behind the boiler and put a little hole in it, so the condense slowly dripped down the back of the wall, condense would back up in to the boiler locking it out, then drain away, i cut the boiler off and wrote it up as a hazardous installation because the condense was dripping on to the gas pipe and i couldn't vouch for the integrity of the pipe.

To answer your question every competent engineer who stood in front of the boiler is liable, in the situation you had as the fault didn't meet manufactures instruction therefore not fitted to is 813 standards, it would be the last engineer, it's all relative to the hazard, but it best to treat everything like the first example and don't leave anything behind, Gary.

Cheers so still same, break out the u gauge before doing anything.

Problem is still there I guess, fitters can go on fitting, leaving the mistakes down to the next man. When RGI came out I was happy about news, now I know more about it, same old, Gas provider wanting more money, nothing about better quality works or better safety.

You are responsible for every aspect of that boiler instillation and every gas appliance fitted in that property(if you put a teast on), if thats not a reason for paranoia then i don't know what is.

The one thing they got right in this country, is to put someone in prison for messing with gas is very, very easy for the powers that be, so we've gone from no regs to regs that have more power than the UK, and the fruitloops don't realize it.

The powers that be have made a statement that they will not hesitate to inprison someone if it is required, and they are waiting for RGII to settle down before they start looking for candidates, Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

gary71 wrote: »
    You are responsible for every aspect of that boiler instillation and every gas appliance fitted in that property(if you put a teast on), if thats not a reason for paranoia then i don't know what is.

The one thing they got right in this country, is to put someone in prison for messing with gas is very, very easy for the powers that be, so we've gone from no regs to regs that have more power than the UK, and the fruitloops don't realize it.

The powers that be have made a statement that they will not hesitate to inprison someone if it is required, and they are waiting for RGII to settle down before they start looking for candidates, Gary.

That's right, all appliances, cookers hobs, gas fire's everything. Quick pressure test, anything thats leaking, cut off supply, write out cert, charge customer to have it fixed on top of work you where there for. Write out new soundness cert after jobs done.

I was considering going RGI, RGII route, just hadn't time nor money for it, got enough G1's and 2's to still stay in loop at some level. Few in same situation, just have to pay fees to have works certified, responsibility changes then, it's on the one who receives fee, Bord Gas.

Works out good, Gas works slim on ground where I am so overall same old same.

Prisons are full, too many people not paying tv licence, looks like fruit loops are safe for now, not to long I hope.

Advertisement