Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upcoming Games: Most anticipated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Final Fantasy 13 is all I really have on the radar for next year. Still havent completed Bioshock 1 and have loads of other good games to work through. I keep buying new games, playing for a day or two and then something newer and shinier comes out. Gotta cut back on that next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Mass Effect 2! :D:D:D

I suppose Alan Wake, God of War 3,Halo Reach, Heavy Rain, Splinter Cell Conviction and Starcraft 2 but mostly Mass Effect 2 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

In order that they're coming out, all within 4 weeks of each other iirc. (as in ME2 is within 4 weeks of Bayonetta, Splinter Cell is 4 weeks of ME2, etc.

Bayonetta
    Mass Effect 2
    Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Final Fantasy XIII

Of that bunch, Mass Effect 2, by far!

Not sure when Alan Wake is due, but that looks great too. It's a cliché at this stage, but this is a great time to be a gamer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I can't wait for Crackdown 2, and I'm hoping Bad Company 2 turns out well.. Other than that I've a lot of catching up to do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Deadrising 2
    Mass Effect 2.

Pre-ordered both and will definitely lose a large chunk of my life to both of them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bayonetta in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bayonetta in January.

Thanking that post, purely because I don't think enough of us are excited about Bayonetta. The demo is glorious!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Bad Company 2

also looking forward to getting my hands on Demons Soul and FFXIII although its not looking good for FF if you go by what some folks on the interwebs are saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Thanking that post, purely because I don't think enough of us are excited about Bayonetta. The demo is glorious!!

Yep... I pre-ordered the climax edition of the game pretty much straight after playing the (xbox) demo. First game that I've pre-ordered since Resident Evil 5!

God of War III, Mass Effect II, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno are all high up my list as well

Others include Crackdown 2 (loved the trailer, unlike some people), Castlevania, Alan Wake, Dead Rising 2 (maybe), Bioshock 2

I have a fairly limited budget, but I should be able to afford them all if I try to stick to 1 new game a month...
    (Bayonetta and ME2 are already pre-ordered, so I'm not doing well so far! :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Alan wake but I've been waiting for it for so long and it's had delay upon delay that now i fear once i get to play it that it will have lost all it's appeal :(

Dead rising 2 and Rock Band 3 if we get that by the end of the year ill be a happy man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Mass Effect 2.

I'm also looking forward to Fable 3 and just how Natal will work with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the game I'm most looking forward to is super street fighter 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Mass Effect 2! :D:D:D

Cant WAIT for this!!!!!!!!!!!

Other games:
    Bad Company 2
    Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Dantes Inferno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Crackdown 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Alan Wake
    Splinter Cell !!! Woo
    FF XIII

Also looking forward to finishing fable in 20 minutes as seems to be the trend lately. MW3 will probably come out and every single character you play as dies at the end of the level and the game is 4 minutes of playability.

WTF is going on with all the sequels and all the games that don't last 2 sittings!

Thank god for Borderlands tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Max Payne 3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halo Reach,
    Bad Company 2,
    Crackdown 2,
    Dragon Age DLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

fifa 11
    Halo Reach
    Bioshock 2
    That'll do me for the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

halo reach

Batman AA 2

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

For me
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dark Void
    Mafia 2
    And a couple that have been mentioned I'll be keeping an eye on.

Splinter Cell just got me interested, the co op looks deadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mass Effect 2.
    Splinter Cell Conviction.
    Dead Rising 2.
    Perfect Dark XBLA.
    Assassin;s Creed 2 DLC.
    Res 5 DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

For me Maybe darksiders but defo

Metro 2033 ( going to be class)
    Mass effect 2
    Bioshock 2
    MAG
    bad company 2

For me Maybe darksiders but defo

Metro 2033 ( going to be class)
    Mass effect 2
    Bioshock 2
    MAG
    bad company 2

OOh I forgot MAG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

RAIN wrote: »
    OOh I forgot MAG!

You'd be forgiven as this is the xbox forum and the ps3 forum has it's own "most anticipated" thread.

Totally forgot about Perfect Dark re-release on XBLA.
    Dead Space 2

Also, some info on Mirror's Edge 2 would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

rizzla wrote: »
    Also, some info on Mirror's Edge 2 would be great.

EA said they would give the game a second chance and that the development team are pondering on ideas on where to take the game, either more gunning or more running. I hope they stick to the same format but improve that parts that didn't work so well.

I loved the first one and I'm glad EA can see it has potential and will support it by agreeing to publish the next installment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

It seems to be languishing in release date hell but I'm still dying to see I Am Alive should it ever be released (pleas, be gentle if you've heard of it being cancelled!)

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/objects/852/852011.html

Also, IGN has a Bayonetta review up. Extremely positive but apparently PS3 gamers are going to be disappointed!

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1056885p2.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

dead rising 2 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Are people expecting a lot from Bad Company 2?I thought it looks the same deal as before.Cept the ground is now white :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Soby wrote: »
    Are people expecting a lot from Bad Company 2?I thought it looks the same deal as before.Cept the ground is now white :P

More Guns??? and Quads!!! Need we much more?:D

+1 Dead Space 2

• Advertisement

Can not wait for Bad Company 2, I got back into the first one after 1943 came out. Its a different experience to MW much more freedom and team based stuff, I way prefer that style of play then deathmatch kinds of deals( I mostly play Domination in MW2). BC2 looks amazing plus its gna have perks etc now too!

Advertisement