Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slankets - Blankets with sleeves

Options
  • 22-12-2009 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

Any one know where i can pick one up in Galway city? i know pennys had them in a few weeks back (the one in tesco) but were all out when i was in there on Saturday.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Feck, i was on my way into Penneys for one today, the Eyre Square one had them a few days ago..have you tried the Headford Road Penneys too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

There is just something wrong and disturbing about these things which are basically adult romper suits :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

There is a Galway based Book Club called Childrens Choice doing them

Webbs wrote: »
    There is just something wrong and disturbing about these things which are basically adult romper suits :D;)

no, the romper suits/all in one suits for adults are ridiculous! these are literally just blankets with sleeves!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They're not adult romper suits, they're blankets with sleeves.

You can get adult romper suits too though.

I haz Slanket, think it's great as a long time user of blankets, don't have to sacrifice one arm's warmth for my cuppa, or two arms when playing XBox. Have the heating on less too so slanket is saving the polar bears! ;)

They had the Snuggie version (JML) in Debenhams last week and penny's have the imaginatively titled "Blanket with Sleeves".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

they have them in the xfactory discount store place dwonstairs in the shopping center.i think they are 15euro?they had loads in stock yesturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

mumto3 wrote: »
    they have them in the xfactory discount store place dwonstairs in the shopping center.i think they are 15euro?they had loads in stock yesturday

downstairs in the eyre square centre, you say?

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

yes,its the shop with xfactory 5euro writtin all over it,although i dont think iv seen anything in there for 5euro!!!glad to be of assistance:)happy christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was just in Penneys in the Tesco shopping centre.
    They're out.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

mumto3 wrote: »
    yes,its the shop with xfactory 5euro writtin all over it,although i dont think iv seen anything in there for 5euro!!!glad to be of assistance:)happy christmas
    got three perfumes today in the said shop for 15e. 5e each. nice they are too. i got them for my two nieces and sister nlaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    Any one know where i can pick one up in Galway city? i know pennys had them in a few weeks back (the one in tesco) but were all out when i was in there on Saturday.

Any help is much appreciated.

Dunnes in Knocknacarra, €6.99 choice of red or blue, at the back of the store, in front of the meat counters. had about a dozen of both bout 2 hours ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Or just wear a fleece dressing gown back to front.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

You could just cut some arm-holes in a normal blanket. The Simon shop on Sea Rd had some nice thick woolen ones recently for a fiver. Team it with a few days' stubble and a cowboy hat and cheroot and you're sorted for your next costume party! ;)

chilly wrote: »
    Or just wear a fleece dressing gown back to front.

one problem.

Cold Feet.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    one problem.

Cold Feet.

Slippers, or shoes...or hugging your knees up to your chest under your back to front dressing gown. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

I would recommend one of these, though I can't say I know of anywhere in Galway that does them. The wicker baskets in the pic contain an earthenware bowl where you put charcoal embers, and you hold it underneath your 'blanket'.

http://gaffarakashmir.com/clothing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I :D'd when I saw this thread first.

Can't believe it has ran into it's second page...

P.S.
    (I want one now too!)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Slippers, or shoes...or hugging your knees up to your chest under your back to front dressing gown. :)

Hehehe, you seem to have to buy a lot of bits and pieces just to be on par with the slanket :D

Methinks slankets have a niche to exploit, i'm half interested in one now :pac:

The first present I opened today was a pink Slanket.
    Oh the ironing :D

• Advertisement

The first present I opened today was a pink Slanet.
    Oh the ironing :D

Mulled wine? :) Just kidding. The little sis got one too...super jealous...

Mulled wine? :) Just kidding

Hehe
    Not so much as a drop!
    I blame sugar overload. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I got one as a present today.

Word to the wise: don't try walking in them. Nearly ended up in A&E with a slanket-related injury.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I got one for Christmas. Ordered online. Seemingly the Penney's ones are similar but not the same quality. I'd recommend the proper fleecy one...it's so cosy!

But yes...wouldn't recommend running around the house in it.. :P

I got one for Christmas. Ordered online. Seemingly the Penney's ones are similar but not the same quality. I'd recommend the proper fleecy one...it's so cosy!

But yes...wouldn't recommend running around the house in it.. :P

You just need to master the shoulder throw. It looks quite regal when you get it right. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You just need to master the shoulder throw. It looks quite regal when you get it right. ;)

I don't think I'm doing it right. I look like I'm about to sacrifice a lamb.

At least I'll be warm doing it!Love my slanket.:D

Advertisement