Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching tap to a 20mm hose

Options
  • 22-12-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

We're in a new house, which used to be a showhouse, and the builders have left us a hosepipe sticking out the flowerbed, attached directly to the water supply, that they used to water the garden. Currently, the only way to stop the water coming out the end is by doubling over the end and slipping an O-ring or jubilee clip over it.

In the short term, we'd like to attach some sort of tap or valve to the end of it instead. However, it's not your standard green garden hosepipe, it's kind of a black rubber thing, more pliable than a regular garden hose, diameter approx 20mm, so I can't seem to find any standard Hozelock-type bits that would do the job.

Any suggestions as to what I might do with it? Other than just get a proper outside tap fitted of course :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

calum wrote: »
    We're in a new house, which used to be a showhouse, and the builders have left us a hosepipe sticking out the flowerbed, attached directly to the water supply, that they used to water the garden. Currently, the only way to stop the water coming out the end is by doubling over the end and slipping an O-ring over it.

In the short term, we'd like to attach some sort of tap or valve to the end of it instead. However, it's not your standard green garden hosepipe, it's kind of a black rubber thing, more pliable than a regular garden hose, diameter approx 20mm, so I can't seem to find any standard Hozelock-type bits that would do the job.

Any suggestions as to what I might do with it? Other than just get a proper outside tap fitted of course :)
    To me that sounds like alkathene , but thats just a guess, but black pipe around 20mm diameter would usually be alkathene , you can get fittings and valves for it , if i was you just snip off a few inches off the end and bring it with you to suppliers and they will sort ya no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Is it very flexable? Or is it able to bend but hard to touch? I think it could be 3/4 inch hydrodare pipe.

Advertisement