Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Healer Class

Options
  • 22-12-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hey

I have a lvl 80 Prot/Holy Pally, and I've raided in both Specs. But recently I've gotten bored of him, and decided to roll a Druid Healer (will prob dual spec balance), but it got me thinking what are people's favourite Healer Class ?

And more particularly what is there favourite Raid Healers ?

Favourite Healer Class 44 votes

Druid
    0% 0 votes
    Priest
    25% 11 votes
    Shaman
    45% 20 votes
    Paladin
    29% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

How anyone can heal without Chain heal is totally beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Speaking from personal expereince, I'd have to pick the Shammy. I'm about 100g away from Dual Spec, so I'm thinking of going Restoration and Elemental and use the same gear for both. Most of my instancing has been as a healer anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Currently raiding with my Priest Holy/Disc i love disc healing but for raiding im always asked to go holy to raid heal but admit to getting a bit bored now after a few years as my main.
    Im trying to level a druid via healing random dungeons,i cant get over how much easier it is to heal than the priest was at similar level then again the game as a whole is a lot easier now than when i levelled the priest.
    Id love a shaman but just cba to lvl another toon.
    Paladin healer feel very like a disc priest healer to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

as a warlock my primary preference is a shammy . secondary goes to priest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Druid by far, both raid and main healer.

Priest comes second but Druid is still more versatile.

Wouldn't rate a Shaman as a healer other than standing there in a raid clicking chain heal as it's the only healing spell of any worth, everything else is too slow, ineffectual, and the class itself is boring to heal with and unsuited to the job as it's been pissed on as a class for far too long from Blizzard.
    I know there's been improvements but still, absolutely stinks as a healing class when compared to Blizz's favorite class, Druid.

Never played and I hate paladins as a class so I can't comment other than to say I've never met a decent paladin healer, ever, but they're still better than Shamans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nehaxak wrote: »

Wouldn't rate a Shaman as a healer other than standing there in a raid clicking chain heal as it's the only healing spell of any worth, everything else is too slow, ineffectual, and the class itself is boring to heal with and unsuited to the job as it's been pissed on as a class for far too long from Blizzard.
    I know there's been improvements but still, absolutely stinks as a healing class when compared to Blizz's favorite class, Druid.

Never played and I hate paladins as a class so I can't comment other than to say I've never met a decent paladin healer, ever, but they're still better than Shamans.

You sound like you really suck at shaman healing :D Hardly a crap healing class. Pretty sure shamans stack haste these days, so much so that a decent geared resto shaman will have 1.1-1.2 second lhw's. Chain heal is still probably the best raid healing spell in the game, at least in 25 mans.

If played right, shaman healers are VERY powerful healers..... you just suck....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Havin a rogue as my main I'd say a Shammy to throw the chain heals in to melee.

Tankin wise not sure if a Disc priest or Paladin. Thinkin disc priest as got the shields and all to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Slashook

Holy Rogue for the win :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Berns wrote: »
    Havin a rogue as my main I'd say a Shammy to throw the chain heals in to melee.

Tankin wise not sure if a Disc priest or Paladin. Thinkin disc priest as got the shields and all to go with it.

Thats the last frigging time i throw a life saving heal on you then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dcully wrote: »
    Thats the last frigging time i throw a life saving heal on you then :D

*macros Tricks of the trade on the slacking healer*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Shadow priests are clearly the best healers...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Well I have only ever healed with disc priest. :)

On a slightly related topic, thanks to the new patch I've been able to gear my priest alt to ICC10 acceptable gear. Managed my first raid this evening in ICC with guild and must admit that healing is so much fun.

Had only ever DPS'ed before that but healing has really rejuvenated this game for me. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

how can anyone like playing a resto shammy, ya got like 2 spells.

terribly Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Have healed as both disc and holy priest and a druid, and have played some mates holy pala and resto shaman and honestly, druid all the way!
    Its much more fun to heal with, easy to heal with and we destroy pretty much any class at said healing! Anyone who says holy priests are better raid healers, keep saying that when your oom, shamans are just random healing tbh and should be using chain heal on the tank to heal melees and palas.....>.> druid is the best imo and never goes oom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

My favorite to play is disc, but the numbers dont lie, a well played druid will always top the healing meters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

magicianz wrote: »
    Have healed as both disc and holy priest and a druid, and have played some mates holy pala and resto shaman and honestly, druid all the way!
    Its much more fun to heal with, easy to heal with and we destroy pretty much any class at said healing! Anyone who says holy priests are better raid healers, keep saying that when your oom, shamans are just random healing tbh and should be using chain heal on the tank to heal melees and palas.....>.> druid is the best imo and never goes oom!
    each to their own , I heal with a holy priest and had no mana problems, I've healed as a druid as well but I prefer the holy healing so I've gone back to boomkin spec with him , both can do the job equally well though.
    Been more of a dps'er lately but the dungeon finder means I'll probably go back to healing again (healers get insta groups, DPSers usually end up waiting ages)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Priest for me, 2 Healing Specs, both very useful. Druids would be next. Both Pala and Shaman look boring, 1-2 spell facerolling is a yawnfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No ofcourse not, i love playing my disc/holy priest. Without a doubt the most fun class to play for healing. I was just agreeing with a previous post regarding how good druid healers are. And the only reason i have respect for some druid heaers is we managed to do 10man toc10 heroic with 2 druid healers. Their gear wasn't amazing too, just alts geared up from badge spamming so 232/245. Just the fact we've tried before and always failed unless it druid/pala druid/disc priest etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Started healing on my druid alt and must say I'm loving it loads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Anti wrote: »
    My favorite to play is disc, but the numbers dont lie, a well played druid will always top the healing meters.

They will also top the overhealing meters

priests seem to be the only healing class who don't overheal massively .

Agree with ropedrink that priests are easily the most versatile class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I voted Druid as my favourite healer, purely because I prefer bringing them in groups i'm in. They won't always top the meters, but they do a good enough job of filling in any cracks left by other healers.

Class to play, i've gotta agree and say priest. I've had limited class playing for healing, but from the ones i've played so far, i've enjoyed playing as a priest the most when healing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Mena wrote: »
    How anyone can heal without Chain heal is totally beyond me!

:rolleyes:
    Nehaxak wrote: »

A shaman is a very effective main tank healer, if you have someone with a brain controlling it. Not sure exactly what your problem is with shamans, or what kind of experience you have with them, but they are pretty good healers. Not the best, but still extremely good.

I vote druids as being the best healers. Fun to play and sooo flexible. Priests are a close second, but I find them to be a lot more squishy than druids. Paladins are amazing healers too but I find them to be extremely boring...

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The most crucial point with me regarding Priests is the skillcap - Priests still remain a solid challenge (varies per role) due to above mentioned versatility and because of that, along with being able to have such a wide range of healing or just flat-out spec for DPS (Now more PvP viable than ever, behind Vanilla times) it's a class I just honestly couldn't put down once I rolled it all those years ago due to the variety.

Different strokes for different folks, sure, we can all respect that but ultimately I know very few people who have been dissapointed with Priests and those tend to be people who fail to understand them fully. I wouldn't tack them as the best due to being said jack of all trades that doesn't excel in a role above the other more focussed healer styles, but you can't go wrong if you have a good Priest.

Anyhow, think I've oversaid my peace, here. Imma skip off to sleep then continue my face-melting, tommorow ;)

@Above poster going on about squishiness, have you ever played a Priest? We're suprisingly resilient to damage & aggro when needed and I fail to see how squishiness is much of a factor in anything when a) We're not meant to have aggro and b) Every healer can maintain themselves in most non-aggro danger situations, Priests being no exception. I can't fathom how people keep regarding Druids as more flexible than Priests... Just makes no sense, whatsoever.

Makes plenty of sense for the following reasons:

Priests can tank? Really? Well, there's one reason why druids are more flexible. While both are good main tank and aoe healers, druids are the better healers. There is no debate about that.

Druids are a lot more difficult to kill than priests... without a doubt. Giving both classes similar skill and gear level, I rather go up against a priest.

As a priest, you are automatically more squishy... your lack of armor for one is a definate disability. You simply ARE more squishy, there is no point trying to argue otherwise.

From hardcore raiding to PVP, survivability is a major factor. If you cannot survive then you are useless. You may get aggro during an aggro reset boss, or from adds that spawned. You might get stunned in a flame or other AOE damaging effect. I much rather be a druid in any of these scenarios. From my experience in wow... priests seem to die a lot more than any other healing class. This is over a long period of time, on differant servers and differant guilds, so it's not a matter of "oh they need to know their class"... ;)

When i raid on my priest i never die (unless its a wipe), id like to welcome you to the "Fade" spell, it is very useful.

If you see priests dieing alot in raid its not because of their class, its because they are crap.

In regards to pvp, they should be disc specced and if so can gain ALOT of armor from glyphing/speccing into inner fire, and lets not forget about pain suppression, shields, psychic scream. I have done very well on my priest in pvp, its all in how you play.

If your getting owned on your priest its because your doing something wrong or just grossly overwhelmed by the opposition.

And in regards to:
    If you cannot survive then you are useless. You may get aggro during an aggro reset boss, or from adds that spawned. You might get stunned in a flame or other AOE damaging effect.

Easily avoided if you know what to do, again a "you" issue and not a "class" issue.

We may be a lil more squishy stat wise if you throw in bear form, but we have more abilites to counter the squishyness.

If a druid pulls agro on a boss that one hits anything but tank, im glad im a priest, as i can drop the agro instantly and survive, tree goes bear and still fails.

Makes plenty of sense for the following reasons:

Priests can tank? Really? Well, there's one reason why druids are more flexible. While both are good main tank and aoe healers, druids are the better healers. There is no debate about that.

Druids are a lot more difficult to kill than priests... without a doubt. Giving both classes similar skill and gear level, I rather go up against a priest.

As a priest, you are automatically more squishy... your lack of armor for one is a definate disability. You simply ARE more squishy, there is no point trying to argue otherwise.

From hardcore raiding to PVP, survivability is a major factor. If you cannot survive then you are useless. You may get aggro during an aggro reset boss, or from adds that spawned. You might get stunned in a flame or other AOE damaging effect. I much rather be a druid in any of these scenarios. From my experience in wow... priests seem to die a lot more than any other healing class. This is over a long period of time, on differant servers and differant guilds, so it's not a matter of "oh they need to know their class"... ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never read so much **** in all my time on boards.....

again... HAHAHAHAHAH

nix wrote: »
    When i raid on my priest i never die (unless its a wipe), id like to welcome you to the "Fade" spell, it is very useful.

If you see priests dieing alot in raid its not because of their class, its because they are crap.

In regards to pvp, they should be disc specced and if so can gain ALOT of armor from glyphing/speccing into inner fire, and lets not forget about pain suppression, shields, psychic scream. I have done very well on my priest in pvp, its all in how you play.

If your getting owned on your priest its because your doing something wrong or just grossly overwhelmed by the opposition.

And in regards to:

Easily avoided if you know what to do, again a "you" issue and not a "class" issue.

We may be a lil more squishy stat wise if you throw in bear form, but we have more abilites to counter the squishyness.

If a druid pulls agro on a boss that one hits anything but tank, im glad im a priest, as i can drop the agro instantly and survive, tree goes bear and still fails.

Well as disc they are pretty tough to kill, but, disc doesn't have much of a place in raids. One disc priest may be good for some bosses, but if all your priests are disc, purely for survivability, then there is something seriously wrong. Although it is not a class spell but a race spell, shadowmeld for alliance druids is very much like your fade ;) Poping bearform is the last thing you should do imo.

Again, from my extensive experience in wow, druids are both better healers and have better survivability. Note in my previos post I assumed both players had similar skill and gear ;)
    Magill wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never read so much **** in all my time on boards.....

again... HAHAHAHAHAH

Care to expand on this, explain why you think so or do you lack the mental capacity to effectively enter this debate?

Well as disc they are pretty tough to kill, but, disc doesn't have much of a place in raids. One disc priest may be good for some bosses, but if all your priests are disc, purely for survivability, then there is something seriously wrong. Although it is not a class spell but a race spell, shadowmeld for alliance druids is very much like your fade ;) Poping bearform is the last thing you should do imo.

Again, from my extensive experience in wow, druids are both better healers and have better survivability. Note in my previos post I assumed both players had similar skill and gear ;)

Care to expand on this, explain why you think so or do you lack the mental capacity to effectively enter this debate?

And me as a nelf priest i also have shadowmeld, 2 x agro dumps and the priests fade on a much lesser CD. I myself wouldnt specc disc for raiding unless needed, i was using disc as the pvp aspect which is kickass :D

nix wrote: »
    And me as a nelf priest i also have shadowmeld, 2 x agro dumps and the priests fade on a much lesser CD. I myself wouldnt specc disc for raiding unless needed, i was using disc as the pvp aspect which is kickass :D

Even as an end game MS warrior, I dislike disc priests imensely...

Well yeah your going into arena now, prefered healing gets alot more specific depending on the classes, a disc priest for your MS war may be poo but its good for alot of other classes. It all falls down to your tactics and which arena your doing :)

I dont get to arena much so i cant really argue with you here :P

• Advertisement

The reason i never made a proper agrument is because you seem to be viewing wow as a 1 player game....at end game its all about mixing your healers, having 5 druid healers or 5 priest healers would be a waste. Having a good mix, bringing all the benifits of different healing classes/specs is a much more effective way to healing raids. You need good raid healing / MT healing / burst healing / decurses and totems, as far as i know druids dont have any major cooldowns like pain supression or divine Sacrifice which are incredible in alot of hardmode fights.

Druid raid healing is good, very good... however.... on fights where theres ALOT of heavy raid damage... shamans really come into there own, because chain heal is a nuke heal, it doesnt take time to heal targets to full like wild growth does, theres no cooldown and it is FAR more efficent. Even spamming CH on the tank is not only a good way to keep all the melee topped, it also heals the tank quite well, costing virtual no mana because of the regen the shaman will get.

As for healers taking aggro.... i hope it was bait.... because if its not... your tanks are obviously AWFUL ! And i think it would be easier for a disc priest to stay alive in that situation than a druid... pain supress himself until tank sorts himself out.

For main tank healing... its obvious that paladins excell, for raid healing... druids are awesome, as are shamans and holy priests (As for who is best... it really depends on the fight)

This thread is about which healer you enjoy the best, because there is no BEST healer.

Advertisement