Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband issues 22-12-09

Options
  • 22-12-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with UPC broadband today?
    TV service appears to be ok, but both phone & broadband are down.
    UPC have not confirmed an issue in the area.

Connection was working perfect before 9am this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Have you tried turning off the router and disconnecting phone for few minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Both done. Checked the cable modem and I'm not getting an IP address from UPC on the scientific Atlanta cable modem.
    online, Tel 1 & Tel 2 lights out.

First issue I've had with them in fairness but they are not getting anyone out to look at it until the 24th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

My connection dropped out at about 12.30. I'm in work, so I wouldn't know if the issue was throughout the day (I just happened to be connected to my home PC at the time). Turning off my router and back on seemed to do the trick for me. I got my missus to restart the cable modem, but I think it was back working before that.

I don't have a phone line with them, so I'm not sure if that would have been affected.

Well it's good to see UPC have finally recognised the issue in the area. Greystones Charlesland is offline for broadband & phone services and techs are apparently working the issue.

I wonder does this have anything to do with the antenna down at the back of the rugby pitch. There are a few vans parked up there and a couple of lads working up the top of the mast since early morning.
    The two seem to be related.

Connection back up since 17:25

• Advertisement
Advertisement